Server got reset, begin again... What mods should I do in what order?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Our server had to be reset, and I lost all the beautiful progress I had done.

So I have to start again from scratch, but it got me thinking... what order should I pursue crafting/doing the mods so that the next mod after it is easier to attain? I think the FTB pack is new cause there's now something called galacticraft...

I think I want to do that at some point, but there are over 100 mods on the server now so suggestions would be great. I'm already working on re-doing Tinker's Construct but startup time has a bell curve since we're playing the server on hard and I get murdered a lot (We actually had a spawn region right underneath a slime island and I'd sometimes spawn up there with no safe way down.

So, after setting up tinker's construct smeltery and tool benches, what should I work on next?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I normally set up the tool benches and simple templates first, so I can make tinker's tools from wood or stone if I have it. That cuts back on replacement costs for the tools quite a bit, and when I get enough metal I upgrade to at least 1 tool forge to get a hammer and excavator before working on the smeltery, just so I can mine and get the sand/gravel/clay for the seared blocks faster.

Of course, with Natura I'm usually working from a relatively impregnable position inside a hollowed out Redwood... Redwood bark makes an "invisible" door so I don't get visits from the Zombie missionaries handing out their pamphlets, and the first floor I hollow out gives me about 3 1/2 stacks of wood to work with :D

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Well, having a mod list will help quite a bit with recommending on what to do.
Yeah sorry about that. I'm at work now, but I'll have the list posted once I get home. I do know that they have:
Thaumcraft, blood magic, Tinker's construct, pams harvest craft, botania, natura, bibliocraft, galaxycraft, twilight forest, buildcraft, big reactors, Applied Energistics 2, railcraft, flaxbeard's steampunk, extra utilities, biomes o' plenty, morph, thermal foundation/expansion...

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah sorry about that. I'm at work now, but I'll have the list posted once I get home. I do know that they have:
Thaumcraft, blood magic, Tinker's construct, pams harvest craft, botania, natura, bibliocraft, galaxycraft, twilight forest, buildcraft, big reactors, Applied Energistics 2, railcraft, flaxbeard's steampunk, extra utilities, biomes o' plenty, morph, thermal foundation/expansion...
tinkers, then decide on magic or tech.

magic: thaumcraft research while doing botania or blood magic.
once you have botania's fallen kanade you can start blood magic, or you can do blood magic untill you have the lava ritual and use it to fuel your mana production

tech: te, ae2, big reactors. you could use railcraft for 'rail pipes'. you will want to rush for ae asap.

ae technically (pun intended) could be used in the magic branch, but then it's not pure magic. so i usually don't

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm going to go for tech this time around (Did magic the last time).
I want to build a space station with Galacticraft (Which I just read up on and I'm totally, 150% excited about the idea)

[EDIT] TE?

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal expansion
Oh. Right. Derp.

What should I do out of that mod? I'm not very experienced with it.

[EDIT] Oh right! There's also the Iron/gold/diamond/obsidian chests mod. (I think called Iron chests) and a neat ender chest mod that can be set to different channels.

Last edited:

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
(a) Wood farm
(b) Steam dynamos
(c) End game tools
(d) Reactor + automated mining
(e) AE
(f) After about 10 hours this should all be done and the rest is trivial.