Seeking Extra Coders For Large Magic Mod

dustin heisey

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to point out that I am perfectly capable of modding and do not think that assembling a team is detrimental to this mod. The team is focusing singularly on the mod but like jdog said we have other projects in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I will say that these guys appear to be doing ok on the team front; they already have the beginnings of a project and definitely enough coding knowledge between them, so they're not begging people who know what they're doing for help. :)

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Type1Ninja it's just a very large mod and two coders isn't really sufficient(I'm not a coder, I'm a texture artist)

Reactions: Type1Ninja

dustin heisey

Jul 29, 2019
Bump. sorry if that's not a thing on these forums lol. We really need developers to help with this project. If anyone is remotely interested please tell us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
It means trying to resurrect a dead thread, but we are fine, right? We need help people

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
The mod is called GeoMancy and there are two amazing texture artists. I also do textures.

FluxEnforcer

Jul 29, 2019
Putting this here.

Read through the "Don't assemble a team" section.

I liked the last paragraph of that section. "Supervising". Cookie Clicker is fun though...

I have minimal experience coding, so if you want me to help, then I can (this is directed at the thread creator). I know how to, but I'm not sure how much of a help I can be. If you need me, I'll be here for you though. I'm also awful at textures, so...

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean by "4 elements"? There are 118 elements, can you tell us which four you are specifically talking about?
I don't get which mod you're talking about. The 2 people who work on the mod "Elemental Essences" don't look or sound like you. I don't get how the texture artist here says "GeoMancy" and the OP says "Elemental Essences"...
Necroposting means posting on a really old thread.
Seriously? Bigger than Thaumcraft? All this mod (Elemental Essences) does is add some furnaces, some tools and some armor...
I'm really confused here.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
There's no such thing as a successful minecraft mod where a guy with an idea gets a bunch of coders together to implement it. chbachman nailed it with his citation.

If you have a great idea and can't do it all yourself, finish the core functionality. Release it as alpha/beta/whatever. Let people actually play it. You need to prove that you're legitimate, otherwise NO programmer worth his salt is going to waste his time on your dream, with you as the captain, instead of his own with himself as boss.

For bonus points, do all of the above, release an alpha product that people really enjoy tinkering with, put it on github, and watch the pull requests flow in.