Bug Security Error when logging in to the forum through G+/Twitter/normal login

darthvader45

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to report a severe bug with the current login system. I tried logging in through the forum's normal login screen, with the G+ autologin, and the same with Twitter's autologin widget. All produced a security error, and when loading up any forum page, the site continually tries to log me in, fails, then tries again, fails, tries again, etc. etc. This is getting rather annoying, so please do your best to fix this bug as soon as possible.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to login through Google+ and it has been giving me back a error every time.

I finally logged into the forum using my password and e-mail address. Had to reset my password. Found out I was using the wrong forums password. so Will have to reset it again.

I changed some of the settings on what FTB could see when Logged in through google+. I don't know if that had any effect on why I got the error. That was when I originally set it up. I just tried revoking the app permission in my google account. Then re-adding it here. Still get the error though.

Edit:
Just tried to log in with google+ again and it worked. Don't know why though.

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Keep trying to log in through google and keep getting a error. I don't know if that is because the forum doesn't like how I set the options for its google permissions or what. Also this Google+ thing appears at the bottom of the screen. Welcoming me back every time I change to a different page on this forum.

I have to manually log in to be able to log in at all.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Keep trying to log in through google and keep getting a error. I don't know if that is because the forum doesn't like how I set the options for its google permissions or what. Also this Google+ thing appears at the bottom of the screen. Welcoming me back every time I change to a different page on this forum.

I have to manually log in to be able to log in at all.
I thought this issue was fixed to be honest... can you try decoupling your account and then reattaching your google account please?

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
logged out of these forums. Went into my google account and deleted this sites permission to access information. Got back on this site and tried to log in through Google. It showed me the permissions and let me edit the circles permission. I didn't edit it, all the boxes in it were already unchecked though. It told me about the permission to see my age, e-mail address, and to post posts in google+ (which only I would see). I pressed the button to allow access and was immediately brought to a page with the following error text.
Feed the Beast - Error
An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.
I then proceeded to log in manually. Which worked.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
logged out of these forums. Went into my google account and deleted this sites permission to access information. Got back on this site and tried to log in through Google. It showed me the permissions and let me edit the circles permission. I didn't edit it, all the boxes in it were already unchecked though. It told me about the permission to see my age, e-mail address, and to post posts in google+ (which only I would see). I pressed the button to allow access and was immediately brought to a page with the following error text.
Feed the Beast - Error
An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.
I then proceeded to log in manually. Which worked.
Okay thanks. I'll report this issue again