.schematic

DylanP

Jul 29, 2019
I am a little older and probably more newbsih then you care to help. But I would like to add structures to my map for a class lesson. Can anyone help me ? I am using Diremod

JuliCash

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm can to explain a little more...
What Structures do you want to add? For what Reason?
Do you want to import 3d-Models? (For that Reason there a Programs that can turn 3d-Models into Minecraft schematics (e.g. http://www.mediafire.com/?zgjbmwrnvwvzwq9) (These can be imported by MCEdit into the Map))

DylanP

Jul 29, 2019
I want to use schematic files from planetminecraft to add buildings to some maps for MinecraftEdu students. It is getting forge added in its next version. So I wanted to get started with some new maps.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I want to use schematic files from planetminecraft to add buildings to some maps for MinecraftEdu students. It is getting forge added in its next version. So I wanted to get started with some new maps.
Yes, nice, what seems to be the problem though? What exactly do you need helping with?

As far as importing schematics into a map goes. MCedit used to be the no1 program for importing them in, the problem is that it's not playing so nice with forgemod blocks.(As I've heard) You should be fine with importing vanilla buildings into a map which doesn't have those yet though. (I think)

Don't quote me on any of that.

DylanP

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I gues the easy answer is to find the perfect vanilla seed add my buildings in close proximity to spawn and then the map can gen new chunks accordingly. Is that how it would work ?

Xakthos

Jul 29, 2019
You can also get world edit to work with the single player commands. It'd be able to load the schematic and place it. A number of it's functions don't work but the schematic ones do.