Safe nuclear reactor designs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Chambers

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to make a nuclear reactor :) I was just wondering if there are any designs that are guaranteed not to blow up? Even if I forget to look at it for ages. Also, I don't know much about nuclear reactors, but do I need to feed them any resources? Or can I just make it and forget about it? Sorry for all the questions but I really don't want to blow up my house :D

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
This thread has many reactors:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=8966&pageNo=1
If you don't have java enabled in the browser then this is one of the best bang for the buck designs (100EU/t):
AppD5yr.png

You can go without a breeder for a little while, but if you want to get the most out of your uranium supply it is best to craft uranium into 8 depleted cells and recharge them in a breeder reactor and then run them in your power reactor(s). Initially you will probably spend way more on the breeder compared to the power reactors, but a breeder is highly worth it.

Uranium runs for about 2 hours 47 minutes. If you make/breed up a good supply of uranium cells and you use a design that fills all the slots of the reactor you can automate a reactor by just removing depleted cells and input uranium cells. I usually use redstone from an MFE/MFSU to turn the reactor off when storage is full.

Hitmaniac

Jul 29, 2019
Go for the Mark 1 EB Reactor. I have it in my base and it will never blow up as long as you don't do anything stupid. All you have to do is replace the uranium cells which are pretty easy to make and last a decent time. The person above posted how to make one.

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, in most of the FTB, there is the reactor control mod. You can use that to set your reactor to shut down if the temperature gets too high - in which case more dangerous designs become viable...

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
"Safe nuclear reactor design", haha, very funny.

Nuclears reactors have good output, but fuel is not renewable, except through extrabees. Also, you cause a boom that destroys a reactor chamber, if your cooling mechanism was in that chamber, then run and don't look back. Enough safety concerns, this is Minecraft were they hand out PHD's in nuclear engineering. Make something simple and with lots of cooling just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.