RP2 Mining Airship: IC2 Miner + AE

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoy trying to engineer the simplest way to run and automate IC2 miners moving on frame ships. I have ran into a lot of frame bugs, but thankfully AE works really nice with frames.

When ultimate came out i started playing with AE and it plus a turtle can get you a pretty nice 5x3x2 layout per miner.
Example:
p7Pee5G.jpg

EJwmCav.jpg

For that rig i wrote a nice drill swap script and let the turtle activate a import bus when it needed to clear its inventory. But it all got too complicated in my opinion. To make it simpler i wanted to get the turtle out.

I found a neat way to do this in AE is to set the drill side of the miner as a storage bus (filtered for drills). Then on a storage chest have a drill import and export bus redstone controlled. So when the import bus is on it pulls the drills from a disconnected storage chest and places them in the miners. When the export bus is on it pulls them from the miners and places it in the storage chest.

AE is still the core, but now no turtle and just a hair bigger per platform at 5x3x3:
Layer 1
Storage bus on miner, filtered to diamond drill. Import bus on goodies chest (mined items automatically go here)
ZNclWVT.jpg

Layer 2
Export bus to the pump -- filter for empty cells. Tube frame over miner (only side to get a tube on, and we can use it for mining pipe input).
PIg6OFK.jpg

Layer 3
Hook the ME cables together and lead it and mining pipe tube network off to a central spot.
wzSnrH0.jpg

Hooking 9 of them together for a test:
TXQ74GU.jpg

IC2 power to the miners
NsDhYrk.jpg

RP logic to detect item flow and after mining stops pull the drills + move the ship, and reset for mining.
Sb9frm8.jpg

Export/Import Drill chest, one is active with redstone and the other is active when no redstone. Push/pull drills to miners when needed.
dMTgkIS.jpg

Still some tweaking to do and I'll probably try to add direction select like my previous rig, but overall something I'll take to my survival world.

For the test i used advanced solars, which do not output power after being moved by frames, so if you check out the save keep that in mind. A real implementation would need to either automate breaking/replacing them or run alternative power (nuclear works well). 9 miners + the AE network should draw 200-250 EU/t.

Save:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v4dv6nkaf9j4jdn

Reactions: Whovian