Router refuses to send items randomly

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
My Router sometimes refuses to send items to my wall of barrels. Resulting in the item just staying in the router, cloging up my system.
There is room for them, the barrels are not full.
And you can see these purple particles in the air, going back and forth to the barrel it is trying to move to, but the item wont get sent there. Any idea?

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
1. Router must be connected to inventory system of barrels you want it to work with. If your barrels turn a corner, put a barrel in the corner with something you don't need so it will be connected to the next wall.
2. Be sure to set insert to be top of the barrel otherwise you will just have no fun at all.

Router isn't designed to fill an inventory to max only to 1 full stack. If you have two barrels for cobble, it's gong to fill 1 to 64 then the next to 64, then bounce filling each at random. Hope that helps. :)

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure it is the only item in the router? I've seen my router clogged on (example) Iron Ore, but when I pull out that ore it's actually clogged on something I don't have a Barrel for.

Something else... my router would often not fill a barrel beyond 63 of 64 stacks.

One more thing... if (example) your Router is stuck on Iron Ore, go to that barrel and pull a stack and see if that clears up the router's confusion.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Turn off your router and modem for 30 seconds and then turn it back on :D

On-topic, maybe there's a limit of how long (distance) the router can send the items?
If there is, my 70 block long wall (4 high) wasn't at the limit. I wonder about chunk loading problems though... if the destination barrel is in an unloaded chunk and the router chunk is loaded. Would the router recover from this problem when the chunk finally loads?

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
To have an idea how crazy a router can go:
(look around 13:00 and not my video, I just remember watching it while trying to get what routers were about a while ago :p).

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
This is what the setup looks like. There is a 1 barrel in the barrel in the corner.
2uzb1u1.png

This is the router that should send items to the barrels:
ip0gwh.png

This is the router next to the barrel
wqrprk.png

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Is it supposed to extract from the ender chest and put it into the barrels?
Because if it is I'm surprised it even worked at all.
I'm not even sure how the 2nd router would get access to the 1st router inventory?

If you see particle effects and nothing happens it may simply be that the 1st router extracts item from the other router which insert them back into the 1st.
Anyway you should use something else to extract from the enderchest, a RP2 transposer with a timer, a wooden pipe with an autarchic gate/redstone engine(beware of overflow with this though).

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure the router next to the ender chest has a machine filter set to Ender Chest. Could be they're warping your items around in an infinite loop.