Robotic Minions Feedback Thread

dmillerw

Jul 29, 2019
For those who don't follow the FTB sub-reddit, I've been working on something new. Something I haven't seen done in Minecraft before.

I call them, robotic minions!

Now before you scream "Computercraft/Thaumcraft", calm down. This is unlike any of those, due to the nature of how you go about controlling them.

This is something I randomly had the idea for yesterday, and immediately set to work tinkering with it. The core idea is robots that can preform various tasks that they're set to do, but instead of relying on outside influences (Thaumcraft golems) or being coded (Computercraft turtles), it comes down to a certain level of management similar to an RTS style game.

While they're yours to control, they will still have a level of AI, so constantly managing them won't be required. You can set them to work and rest assured that the task will get done.

The main influence here is actually Dungeon Keeper with a bit of generic RTS tossed in for depth.

Have a demo video, and take a look at the source code here :)
The sheep are most definitely a placeholder, no worries

Definitely looking for feedback on this one, since this isn't something I've really seen done before.

Last edited:

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Anything inspired by Dungeon Keeper hás potential imo.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh looks quite promising. Made me think of Evil minions mod too, which is a mod I liked a lot.