Retro World Gen. Direwolf20 1.5 pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

I_Am_Pariah

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guy i was wondering how to do a retro world gen in The Direwolf20 1.5 pack. if i remember correctly this will simply add world gen from mods that currently isn't in the world correct?
Many thanks.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
You need to select Biomes O' Plenty when generating the world

World Type: Normal / Superflat / Large Biomes / BoP

There's a way to force generate Bop Biomes for existing worlds, but it will cause a clear cut-away from the chunks already loaded.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
You need to select Biomes O' Plenty when generating the world

World Type: Normal / Superflat / Large Biomes / BoP

There's a way to force generate Bop Biomes for existing worlds, but it will cause a clear cut-away from the chunks already loaded.

Out of curiosity, is it theoretically possible to do this for a world in a checkerboard pattern, so that no two chunks that share a border have the same terrain generation? Might make for an interesting base for a build or an adventure map of some kind.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, is it theoretically possible to do this for a world in a checkerboard pattern, so that no two chunks that share a border have the same terrain generation? Might make for an interesting base for a build or an adventure map of some kind.

I think. But it's probably a painstaking process.

Disappointed with a hill thats half cut off :(

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Unless I am very much mistaking, guys, the OP was asking about ore, not terrain.

@ I_Am_Pariah: Whether or not you can retroactively generate ore depends on whether or not the mod that adds that ore offers that feature. Currently, as far as I know, only Thaumcraft (for aura nodes, special trees, obsidian structures, barrow hills, crystal ores, cinnabar and amber) and CoFH Core (for Thermal Expansion ores and vanilla ores) can do so. Xycraft could do it as well if Xycraft actually existed for 1.5.

As far as I am aware there is no way to retoractively generate ores for Forestry, Industrialcraft, Tinker's Construct, Factorization or others (but I don't mind being corrected).