Ressources for a fusion reactor plant

tatopolos

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys,

this is the first time i plan to build a fusion reactor plan, as automatised as possible.
Now i know the ressources necessary to build the reactor, and it's pretty grazy.
http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/17ys3o/fusion_reactor_craziness/

i think i'm ok with it (thank god i started centrifuging lava continiously for no reason a couple of weeks ago so i have enough copper and tin) . but what i need to know is what do i need next to the reactor.

i know that to have a good automatisation, i would need a buch of electrolyzers and centrifuges. and also powering them.
I'll use my AE setup to manage feeding recources and cells.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...usion-reaction-indefinitely-1-4-6-1-4-7.7672/

1. but what about the energy output of the reactor. do i just plug it to MFSUs? IDSU? for now i didn't build any IDSU (do not like solar pannels, so..) but i know it's a bit expensive

2. Is storing the output energy a good idea? or should i just put it in uu matter production...? cuz i don't think having a lot of energy demand (my steam boilers are doing a great job, love them ;) )

3. i heard about supercondensators are they mandatory?

4. do you think of any other machine, blocks i would need to have a nice power plant

thanks for your help and contribution

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Wait! Wait!

Try to wait until the pack updates before you do this; apparently Greg is changing how the fusion reactor works. The coils will be cheaper, but you'll need more of them.

Swoop

Jul 29, 2019
There is no need for an IDSU or any form of energy storage. Just feed the energy into a matter fab.

The list of materials seems incomplete to me. There is no source for the beryllium cells. You'll need A LOT more enderpearls.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
Wait! Wait!

Try to wait until the pack updates before you do this; apparently Greg is changing how the fusion reactor works. The coils will be cheaper, but you'll need more of them.

exactly, he already did, the changes just aren't in the pack yet.

as energy stoage: the fusion reactor outputs superhot plasma. the thing is: that is a liquid. and due to the weird minecraft mechanics, you can store that plasma inside tanks, and consume it on demand... :)

Sinnaj63

Jul 29, 2019
exactly, he already did, the changes just aren't in the pack yet.

as energy stoage: the fusion reactor outputs superhot plasma. the thing is: that is a liquid. and due to the weird minecraft mechanics, you can store that plasma inside tanks, and consume it on demand... :)
Leave your Base alone for five minutes...
Plasma is as Lava, just one hitting and destroying every armor except Quantum/MMMP.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Big deal just make it then run it to at least "pay for itself" then some before updating. Isn't a problem except for players on a server, then yea just get the raw materials ready to go. Where I can even find all about the "new" fusion reactor anyway and stuff called Plasma??

Sinnaj63

Jul 29, 2019
Big deal just make it then run it to at least "pay for itself" then some before updating. Isn't a problem except for players on a server, then yea just get the raw materials ready to go. Where I can even find all about the "new" fusion reactor anyway and stuff called Plasma??
You can find many Plasma based Weapons(The borg, for example, use Plasma Turrets on their cubes.). You should look at the official Gregtech Wikipage for informations on how to gather plasma so you can use ot to make energy.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Cool thank better see if it's another energy source that'll be even comparable to the Fusion Reactor or just another mid game power source, only good for an array of machines.

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! Glad to see somebody interested in these monsters.

In the current release of ftb, condensators are not necessary. You will need 16 hv-transformers on the line, using 4 of the outputs on each hv-transformer. I pump all of the energy into an IDSU, but if you're looking for an immediate use for the energy use a matterfab.

Reactions: tatopolos

tatopolos

Jul 29, 2019
i just got crazy the last couple of days and crafted the FR and almost all the coils (thank you AE!! No really thank you. ). but I didn't setup any installation yet.

Indeed, having an EU output is a lot different from a liquid one.
I don't know if the inputs will change, does it?

i just ran into this page, that explains the new setup:
http://squirrellystudios.com/index....h-fusion-reactor-coming-and-other-things.236/

it seems that, in fine, the energy generated for a cycle will be 8M EU every 3.5 minutes: making the plasma cells a few seconds. extracting the energy 3 mn.

Now, i have to find something else to play with until the update... may be i'll ask the admin to install Explosive+, i have some anger to detonate after this GT update news .

thanks guys for the hints