[Request/Suggestion] Texture Pack Showcase Map

zahfelade

Jul 29, 2019
Just a suggestion/request for anyone that might be looking for something to do to help out the texture pack builders out there:

Start putting together a good showcase map of all the (known) blocks and items in "Feed the Beast". Just a nice little condensed area to display everything that is included, so it could be uploaded and used to get an idea of what textures will look like in the Minecraft world.

The best part is, you don't need to know how to create or edit textures at all. You just need to be able to put together an organized, attractive display to show examples of everything that is included in FTB. Something that folks can download and put in their "saves" folder. Then just load up that map, and swap in different texture packs to see which one(s) you like in game. It would probably also be very useful for texture pack authors. A pre-made world with all the relevant blocks already placed and ready for them to reference when editing their textures.

Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about from the Minecraft Forums. They are geared toward vanilla, so don't have all the additional mod blocks, items, and mobs.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/790703-14-kabs-texture-pack-showcase-map-test-track/

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1129298-maptexkanokarobs-texture-pack-test-map/

Reactions: GoldBattle

GreyMatter

Jul 29, 2019
I came across this post yesterday and after giving it some thought I would like to attempt to do this (as long as no one else has offered that is). I will warn you that I am not a very creative person when it comes to MC, but I do have a couple of ideas floating around my head.

*edit*

Ok have finally sat down and started to work on this and I think I have a good idea on how to lay this out. I do have one question however, what would be a good way to handle items with multiple textures? This is more along the lines of the metals having different textures based off of which mod it was created from. Not sure if I should worry about this though.

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
I came across this post yesterday and after giving it some thought I would like to attempt to do this (as long as no one else has offered that is). I will warn you that I am not a very creative person when it comes to MC, but I do have a couple of ideas floating around my head.

*edit*

Ok have finally sat down and started to work on this and I think I have a good idea on how to lay this out. I do have one question however, what would be a good way to handle items with multiple textures? This is more along the lines of the metals having different textures based off of which mod it was created from. Not sure if I should worry about this though.
You shouldn't worry about it since the texture packs will likely standardize ores and their blocks. Also, since this is no longer a suggestion and now a WIP, I would suggest making it it's own post in the maps section.

~Edit~

I just noticed that this guy's last activity was on the 9th, so I'm going to do it instead.