Repair on books

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
I have a standard enchanting turtle setup, using witches. Turtles kill the witches, and the enchanting turtle at the end of a water channel enchants a book when it gets to 30.
Using Mindcrack 8.1.1 up to a few weeks ago (only difference was a group of different mobs rather than just witches) I got a nice good range of all the enchantments.
Using the Ultimate 1.1.2 I still have NO repairs, after about 5 stacks of books and a dozen manual enchants of Sephyr swords.

Has something changed between Mindcrack from a few weeks ago and Ultimate 1.1.2?

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
I vaguely remember someone saying in stream or reading on these forums that the repair enchantment was no longer available on books.
Not sure though so hopefully someone else will pipe up with the real deal.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Repair isn't really needed on anything except perhaps a wand of equal trade anyways.
Nothing else really breaks as fast as that guy.

Even then, just enchanting it will almost always yield at least frugal or charging, and whichever one will lengthen it a LOT.
Frugal is actually better if you plan to use it for an engenders period of tie all in one go - charging is kinda slow.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
You may be interested in the liquid xp mod. It's allowed a lot of fine tuning with enchanting, and also allows for stripping of enchants from an item to a book. I have repair on all of my Thaumcraft gear that can accept the enchant. It's the one enchant I consider a must have for my sword of the Zephyr & sword of the Condor.