Repair Enchantment and other Enchantments

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if this enchantment is restricted to certain types of equipment because I tried to put it on my Vile Sword, Ruby Sword & Steel Sword but I couldn't but I could add it to a thaumcraft item. Right now I'm just assuming it's a thaumcraft only enchantment but I'm just looking for clarification. Also I was wondering if there are any other non-vanilla enchantments that have restrictions as to what they can be added to (ie: Soulstealer)

thanks

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. The thaumcraft added enchants are restricted to thaumcraft items. If you check the thaumanomicon's Enchant section it would tell you so. Soulstealer is for the vilesword only but I believe you might be able to get it on other swords through uncrafting but I have not attempted it.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
If you look in the Thaumonomicon, you will see that it clearly states that the enchantments only work with TC items - and not even all of them.

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
:\ thanks. All I wanted was a sword with:

Repair
Soul Stealer
Looting
Sharpness

Now I was wondering, when enchanting books, does each type of enchantment use the same symbol combinations or would something like 'Looting', etc have different symbols each time you try to enchant a book?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
honestly, I've no idea what uncrafting is, just going by what I know.
In the twilight forest you can find uncrafting tables which allow you to replace components of a recipe. Either with unbroken versions, or different ones. You can enchant a sword with repair, and then convert to vile to place soul stealer. Then convert to diamond for the damage. That would be a powerful sword.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
In the twilight forest you can find uncrafting tables which allow you to replace components of a recipe. Either with unbroken versions, or different ones. You can enchant a sword with repair, and then convert to vile to place soul stealer. Then convert to diamond for the damage. That would be a powerful sword.
never been interest in the twiforest... but I may look into it now, thanks :)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Uncrafting is by an uncrafting table. Most vanilla and twilight objects with durability (bows, swords) can be uncrafted. It costs a little XP to uncraft, and you can repair items.
ex. Diamond sword: Place in left slot, in the middle slot there will be a diamond sword's crafting recipe. You can remove the diamonds and sticks. If the sword is used, one diamond will not return because it is used or partially used. If it is more than 50% used, no diamonds will be returned. You can repair it by adding diamonds to the spots where diamonds were "used" (they have a reddish tint). You can change items, like a vile sword, remove the vile ingots, put in thaumium ingots, and pull it out the right slot.

You'll need a maze map focus and 8 crafting tables surrounding it. Good luck, it's worth the focus, which are found in twilight dungeons, mazes, and hollowed hills.

Edit: Ninja'd

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
never been interest in the twiforest... but I may look into it now, thanks :)

For warn you the uncrafting table is fairly rare. I've only ever found one and that was when I hopped on a buddies world to help him out. I have yet to find one myself.[DOUBLEPOST=1359853184][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh, well I didn't realize. I figured the book might be under the same rules as the enchants through the table.
I thought it was too.

Man I gotta test that now.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
if it is an enchanted book it can be put on any sword.
ref: I've done it.
Well I just tested it, and it doesn't work. Did you have creative mode on or was it in one of the previous versions of the mod? Creative mode lets you ignore enchanting rules and a few versions back it was not limited to the vile sword but the most recent version (1.26) doesn't let you.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Well I just tested it, and it doesn't work. Did you have creative mode on or was it in one of the previous versions of the mod? Creative mode lets you ignore enchanting rules and a few versions back it was not limited to the vile sword but the most recent version (1.26) doesn't let you.
never play in creative mode on my survival map :p I did this in 1.4.6, so if soulshards got an update between 1.4.6 and 1.4.7 then maybe that's why it doesn't work anymore. If so, my apologies for misleading you

Hawcian

Jul 29, 2019
For warn you the uncrafting table is fairly rare. I've only ever found one and that was when I hopped on a buddies world to help him out. I have yet to find one myself.

If you can't find one, you can try dropping into a labyrinth maze. Generally you'll find at least one maze map focus, which you can then use to craft the uncrafting table. (Takes eight crafting tables arranged around the focus).

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Well I just tried the uncrafting table and it works. Vile sword with Soul Stealer 5, replaced the 2 vile ingots with 2 diamonds. Got a Soul Stealer 5 diamond sword.

OneSullenBrit

Jul 29, 2019
I have used the uncrafting table to make some pretty amazing gear.

My diamond sword currently has:

Looting III
Vorpal II
Soul Stealer IV
Sharpness IV
Knockback II

The thing is, I also made a diamond pickaxe with repair II on it (amongst other enchants), but it doesn't seem to be repairing. Is it because the durability is so high, it's going to take a while, or does repair not work on items converted using the uncrafting table?

Also, speaking of repair, has anyone seen anything higher than II? I've been using my mob xp farm (tier 5 skelly spawner, drop, melee turtle at bottom of 1x1 hole, surrounded by 'Brain in a Jar's) and uncrafting table to grind out items for good enchants, but haven't seen anything higher than repair II.