Renamed Ender Pouch

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
So, I had excess levels and decided to rename my tools, I started with my advanced chainsaw "Santas Little Helper", and moved on to my ender pouch "The Trading Pouch", but ever since I changed the name I cannot trade with people. Does changing the name of an ender pouch disable its purpose?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So, I had excess levels and decided to rename my tools, I started with my advanced chainsaw "Santas Little Helper", and moved on to my ender pouch "The Trading Pouch", but ever since I changed the name I cannot trade with people. Does changing the name of an ender pouch disable its purpose?

Might be a bug with the anvil. It basically gives you a new item with new meta data.

Did you try re-keying it back to your chest? It might have lost the data of what chest it was tied to.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Renaming the pouch does the same
Thing as a chest , it turns it into a private chest like putting a diamond on it

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using 2 ender pouches. I tried renaming both to the exact same thing and it still doesn't work.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using 2 ender pouches. I tried renaming both to the exact same thing and it still doesn't work.

The pouches key off the chest by shift kicking one them (If I recall). You key it to a private chest and its private.

I believe renaming is breaking them and might be a bug.

Try re keying one to an enderchest you have to see if that corrects the issue.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
There is no chest involved, it is used for trading between players.

ok but make a ender chest and key the bag to it. What I believe happened is that when you renamed it that over wrote the meta data the bag has. So instead of being set to the public white white white color code it is now set to something else.If this is the case making a chest and keying the bag to it should fix the issue.

My logic here is renaming is editing the meta data. And since the ender chest mod predates the ability to name items it might not handle that well. And no one might have tried since that became an option so the dev might not even know there is an issue with it like that.