Removing Gregtech from existing world.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Hi all, I'm a fair way into a new world, but have decided gregtech is not for me, I'm using mindcrack + mystcraft. Am I able to just pull gregtech out, and will the world survive? Or do I need to start over.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
the world will survive. Just remember your decision is final because it will delete all the gregtech related ore generation and so on.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Same as senderfn, but remember that you'll have weird hollows in your world where ores used to be. It's also possible to just switch the configs back to easy and avoid GT stuff.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
You may want to think about lowering the GregTech difficulty instead of fully removing it, if you have pre-existing GregTech stuff.

Reactions: Whovian

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
It's the End that will take the most punishment but not a lot of people are going to be affected by that, so you should be OK.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
It's the End that will take the most punishment but not a lot of people are going to be affected by that, so you should be OK.

And you should be able to delete your end so the game regenerates it, although I'm not sure if that will regenerate your ender dragon. Think of it as a game of Russian bingo (which is played with landmines, and in silence until you lose).

GoRoy

Jul 29, 2019
I always thought if you have mod related items in chests etc. and you delete the mod, opening the chest will result in a crash. But I could be wrong.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Most mods will delete their blocks and items when you try to load them in - or, specifically, Minecraft will see an invalid block/item ID in the save data, assume it's corrupt, and replace it with a blank value (i.e. air).

Reactions: Guswut

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I always thought if you have mod related items in chests etc. and you delete the mod, opening the chest will result in a crash. But I could be wrong.
Most mods will delete their blocks and items when you try to load them in - or, specifically, Minecraft will see an invalid block/item ID in the save data, assume it's corrupt, and replace it with a blank value (i.e. air).

As Velotican stated, this is what happens. I did this when I removed Mo Creatures as it was mucking up spawn, and lost all of my wheat I had compressed into hay bales. Thankfully, golems (no need to say more).

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
I started my first FTB world (back in the 1.4.2 beta pack) with GregTech enabled, and subsequently disabled it. Everything worked as well as you could expect. All GregTech-related items and blocks simply disappeared, leaving lots of tiny holes in my caves where bauxite and such used to be. This bugged me, so I started a new world when the Mindcrack pack came out, but it was certainly playable.