[Regrowth] Namiasdf's Review

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
For all those out there who have been playing FTB since the good ole' BC/IC2, or even before those days... I would strongly suggest you try out Regrowth.

Regrowth's goal is the revitalization of a desolate world, devote of any resource, or animal/plant life, using:

• Various magic mods
  • Limited set of tech mods
  • AgriCraft/Magical Crops uber OP combo
With these mods, this task is made possible.

Now, why am I aiming towards veteran players? Simply put, Regrowth takes you back and puts you into a time where everything couldn't be easily automated with a single block, and achieving the same level of automation is a huge pain in the ass.

The tech progression of Regrowth using HQM forces you to "tech-up" through the grunge period. i.e. No AE2, no smart pipes (TE, Ender IO, LP, etc.). Having to build a f--king wooden engine for every output task, really brings you back to the good ole days. Don't even get me started on how finicky BC piping is/was.

It is no longer about being able to build every thing you need within 5-6 hours of starting, with it all being fully automated/mediated using AE2 or a similar system. It is not about having infinite resources as a result of leaving your automation running overnight on the server. It takes you back to a more nostalgic period, which is more than welcome.

For me, I have perfected how I start a new world. TiCo tool progression + MFR wood farm, and AE2 system. From there, it's pretty much whatever I want to do. In Regrowth, it's about necessity. The carefully constructed cross-mod dependencies has generate a modpack which requires you to think outside the box, in more than one way. Having a lacking Botania system will simply cripple your progression throughout your gameplay, because it is required to advance Witchery, Magical Crops, TC, and even your mining progression.

All in all, if you are bored of the easy mode creative-esque play of regular packs, but is not looking to stress out (BnB...........) Regrowth is the pack for you.