Refugee to Regent challenge

yoy1zoz2mom3

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome!
Here I am going to be showing my progress in the refugee to regent challenge, more info here:http://refugeetoregentchallenge.wikispaces.com/Refugee+to+Regent+Kingdom+Building+Challenge

as well as adding a little bit of lore to this new world

Lore:
I only just managed to escape, my land wracked by a plague that brought the dead to life. My people were wiped off the face of the earth, our small, scattered farming communities easily succumbing to this threat.
Me and a handful of seers managed to escape, taking whatever we could in rickety, ramshackle carts. We travelled for some time, but a magical vortex erupted, splitting us off.I managed to find a sheltered area, but I am not sure if my companions were so lucky. Until I have enough strength to find my friends, I need to survive, as the monsters have followed me...

I will be updating this thread over a series of weeks or months (eek) depending on how long it takes.

I will try to follow the normal guidelines as best as I can but may skip over dirt hermit a bit, just doesn’t interest me much.

DAY 1:
Arriving with my cart, I took a look around and sifted through what I had managed to scavenge before "The fall"

2014-10-07_22.39.48.png

2014-10-07_22.44.19.png
2014-10-07_22.44.38.png

Its not much, but it will have to do. There is a forest next to my encampment which seems to radiate magical energy. Searching around it, I found many spiders, and after defeating them, some unknown metals in chests at the roots of the greatest trees.

2014-10-07_22.55.51.png

For now, I will stockpile these on the caravan, but I will need to find a permanent dwelling soon, as waiting out the night in a hole in the ground is...uncomfortable....

Any comments are appreciated

yoy1zoz2mom3

Jul 29, 2019
Update!

Day 7:
After making myself some rudimentary tools, I set to work clearing out land around my encampment, and dismantled the caravan. A magically inclined villager appeared, and asked for refuge for him and his friends from the undead. I accepted this challenge and made him my village Elder, building him a house as soon as possible, equipped with a desk for his administrative duties, which will only increase as the village grows in size. I also made myself a frying pan,so I could stop eating raw chicken, and a granary, to store the food which I had accumulated from animals and the soil. Finally I built a well, which I will need to route water to some time in the resealable future

Pics:

The granary
2014-10-08_18.54.45.png
A view of everything I have achieved so far
2014-10-08_18.54.42.png

Elder Testificate, village administrator.
2014-10-08_18.43.14.png