redstone engine not working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trhollywood

Jul 29, 2019
as the title says red stone engines when placed on a machine work just fine but when i try and hook them up to wooden conductive pipe then to the machine they don't seam to register that the pipe is there at all. tested on my privet server and then in single player. can any one else confirm or is it just me?

Attachments

• 2012-11-03_15.44.17.png
    2012-11-03_15.44.17.png
    424.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 2012-11-03_15.44.22.png
    2012-11-03_15.44.22.png
    892.9 KB · Views: 163

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
This is working as intended. As of a code push 16 days ago, redstone engines providing power over a power net was removed (code commit found here).

Korassu

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't care for the change either. For me, even if i connect them to a machine(or atleast forestry machines) they do not work at all. No pumping animation, no power to the machine.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, redstone are more for item pumping than anything else, they provide so little power that it is not worth the cost anyway.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I like this a lot since huge power generators with hundreds of redstone engines were overpowered and caused a lot of lag.

trhollywood

Jul 29, 2019
I like this a lot since huge power generators with hundreds of redstone engines were overpowered and caused a lot of lag.

i can see your point on lag but saying a redstone engine is over powered is like saying an ant is over powered VS a human. gwish

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
i can see your point on lag but saying a redstone engine is over powered is like saying an ant is over powered VS a human. gwish
120 redstone engines is the equivalent of a combustion engine and since they're so cheap you can easily make a couple hundred and never have to worry about energy again.

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
120 redstone engines is the equivalent of a combustion engine and since they're so cheap you can easily make a couple hundred and never have to worry about energy again.

i think this is still possible you just have to attach them to a redstone energy cube thing, not sure though i havent tested it yet, im using them to power thermal expansion machines though, the liquid transposer mostly, everything else im just making lava from netherrack and sending it to magmatic engines.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
On the Thermal Expansion Redstone power front:

Thermal Expansion 2.0.4 Changelog said:
2.0.4:
- Added: Configuration option for Conduits to not accept energy from Redstone Engines.

Looks like it would've worked but may no longer work depending on your configs as of 2.0.4.

Redstone engines still do provide direct power... it's just not a lot of it (1MJ/second at the top level, which is to say 1/20th the output of a Stirling Engine).

As for whether they power Forestry machines at all anymore... Forestry isn't open source and Sengir hasn't publicly posted a changelog, so that's anybody's guess.

trhollywood

Jul 29, 2019

so you mean to tell me that you set have seen some try and set up 240 redstone engines to power a quarry? and if they did that would be stupid when 3 LV solar arrays would power it at full.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
so you mean to tell me that you set have seen some try and set up 240 redstone engines to power a quarry? and if they did that would be stupid when 3 LV solar arrays would power it at full.
I used to play on a server where everyone would setup 360 redstone engines to power each quarry which makes them run at full speed, we didn't have compact solars back then.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
As I mentioned over in the thread for currently undocumented buildcraft changes, a quick youtube search of "redstone engine quarry" shows that yes, people actually did this. Don't ask me why, I never did it myself. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.