Redstone energy cell

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hallowhead1

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so i am having a small amount of trouble using the redstone energy cell, i am trying to power my magma crucible, carpenter, and other machines, i got it working using wooden conductive pipes and gold conductive pipes, but i can't seem to figure out how to power it using redstone energy conduits! Please help

Also is there any item that the redstone energy cell can power than can charge items like an electric jet pack or electric wrench

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Hit your conduit where it hooks up to the cell with a wrench. The little arrow where it hooks up should face out. Make sure it's pointing into the machine you want powered where that hooks up.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
No, there is no such item. The electric jetpack and the power tools come from a completely different mod and don't understand Buildcraft energy. You will have to use Industrialcraft generators to make the energy to charge them.

And, in order to output into conduits with your redstone energy cell, you need to rightclick the conduit attached to the redstone cell with a crescent hammer. It will then show an outward pointing arrow and turn from blue to orange, signifying that it is accepting input.

hallowhead1

Jul 29, 2019
cool thanks guys, so the only way to charge electric jetpack and electric tools is an mfe or batbox than huh?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Well yes, or a MFSU. Some highly advanced things (quantum armor etc.) actually can only be charged in a MFSU. The normal things, however, can even be charged in generators directly (there's a slot in the interface for that in all generators, even in solar panels).

hallowhead1

Jul 29, 2019
Gotta use EU to charge EU-using items. You've already got a Magma Crucible, hook it up to a Geothermal Generator.
i am charging the magma crucible with the redstone energy cell which gets charged by my electrical engines, but i wanted to put the components like an mfe and transformer underground and just machines above ground, but there is no way for me to charge my jetpack then so it seems i have to resort to a batbox or leave the mfe above ground

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
If you are using the Lite/Tech World/DW20 Pack you can use Charge Pads. They are not quite what you are searching for, but a cool alternative. Also, I believe Gregtech has a higher-tier version called the Charge-o-mat. It drains a LOT of power from what I've tested though.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
If you are using the Lite/Tech World/DW20 Pack you can use Charge Pads. They are not quite what you are searching for, but a cool alternative. Also, I believe Gregtech has a higher-tier version called the Charge-o-mat. It drains a LOT of power from what I've tested though.

Yeah Charge-O-mat can drain up to 8192, very suitable for people with good power system.. It only charge the energy to your tools though, no extra eu is consumed ..

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
The pads are easy, you set them up, hook them to the proper current low, medium or high, and stand on one, it will drain it's intenral buffer and fill all your tools and any worn items. I recommend hooking up a medium one to your mfe from underground, then simply stand on it to charge your jetpack, no need to remove it. Just don't jump on the pad it will shock you.

- this may help.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
i have direwolf20 i don't see the charge-o-mat and these charge pads look incredibly difficult
Charge-o-mat is from Gregtech, which is only in Tech World/MindCrack. And yes, Charge Pads are quite simple; purplefantum has put DW20's spotlight above.