Redstone clock alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey All,

I was trying to automate my smeltery to have it make aluminum blocks (seeing as there is not much else aluminum can be used for)

I added AE fuzzy export bus to the controller to auto add raw aluminum and aluminum blocks.
Rednet cables above 3 drains, import buses under the basins.
The I added a powerconverters rednet clock.

Everything was running fine and autocrafting aluminum blocks.
About a day or so later I noticed the server was getting laggy, the next day it was almost unplayable.
The server console was spamming the "system can't keep up.....is the server overloaded" error
We chased around all kinds of things, untilk I thought back to what had changed.
I broke the clock and the lag went away.

This is/was the only clock on the server.
Is this a known issue with redstone clocks? My research has resulted in mixed messages. Some say, some say no, some say yes if there are enough (over 100) of them.

Is there a better alternative to automate the smeltery?

Thanks

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it could be the fluids flowing being the cause. Wouldn't every stage of the casting basins being filled be considered a block update? Part of the problem with old redstone timers was the light it produced when it activated. and every time it flashed it updated blocks around them. But instead of light now it's the liquids filling and draining with the smeltery set up.

I noticed that the block stopped flashing in recent times, so I feel like it on it's own, should be completely fine.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think its the fluids.
I've been doing it manually again since I took out the clock and often leave all3 basins 1/2 filled until I have more aluminum again.
I don't experience any lag from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.