Redpower2 Out now!!

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Those are both in the announcements section, and new posts have cropped up hourly in the RP2 thread there for the past few days. Many of us have long since stopped looking through those threads every time there's a new post. Especially since most of them were people just complaining about RP2 not being released yet.

So yeah, plenty of reason.

Cloud

Jul 29, 2019

knight2109

Jul 29, 2019
Oh the world better not come to an end now :p I got the entire weekend off and want to play with things.

(I do not believe it actually will)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Actually the Mayans had it right just everyone misinterpreted what was meant by something red and powerful coming to the world. :D

Reactions: Belone

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Actually the Mayans had it right just everyone misinterpreted what was meant by something red and powerful coming to the world. :D

Well, since RP2 has it's own world generation, this IS the apocalypse for a lot of worlds.

Personally, I am going to keep my 1.4.5 world for a while longer and experiment with Thaumcraft. RP 2 is great, but it cannot replace 40+ mods I currently have installed for 1.4.5.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower is only out for 1.4.6 so far.. and i somehow have my doubts about the other important. (in my mind) mod's being able to get ready for a while yet. especially buildcraft tend to take a while (it also tends to skip versions when they suspect that the current one will be short lived).
Hopefully eloraam will release her working 1.4.5 version so that the FTB team can make a 1.4.5. beta pack while we wait for the other mods to catch up to her.
Somehow I fear that there is not enough time to do even that before the hollidays are upon us.

I for one am not going to expect someone to spend time they could otherwise spend with their family to cater to my wants and desires when i could in theory just fire up multi-mc and fix it myself.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
Well, apparently it takes very little time (just a recompile with a few small tweaks) to update from 1.4.5 to 1.4.6, so all the mods should update to 1.4.6.

Plus the next Minecraft update isn't going to happen until mid-late January or even into February (I don't know exactly when it's planned) but it is still a while so having the time be too short shouldn't be a problem.

4nic

Jul 29, 2019
Wait we waited for RP2 and this is all we get? HMM i still like Logic pipes way better for storage and restocking, and for auto crafting rooms i make. so i guss all i want from rp2 is the red wire

grindle2000

Jul 29, 2019
Got to love it FTB is on 1.45 and the mod everyone has been waiting for is for 1.46 lol ....starting to feel like we are being trolled (kidding of course) lol

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Got to love it FTB is on 1.45 and the mod everyone has been waiting for is for 1.46 lol ....starting to feel like we are being trolled (kidding of course) lol
FTB is on 1.4.2. Magic World is on 1.4.5. Hopefully both will be updating tomorrow.