Redpower 2 Moving Frames - Horizontal and Vertical Movement

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a simpler/smaller method to go in any direction?

My current system for horizontal movement is 5x5x4 lever/wireless redstone controlled or 5x5x5 wired. Adding on vertical movement is 3 more to one side, so 8x5x 4/5

I tried some other designs and most had you rotating hidden sides of the track moter and doing strange things. This you place the motors from below looking right at the arrow side and for vertical place it from the side also looking at the arrow.

Album:
http://imgur.com/a/QPS7p

Redwool is where control wires/wireless receivers go.
uQE5e.jpg

Couple tweaks made in actual running. Replace the always on levers/torches in the underside with timers on about 1 second cycle. I was finding the machine would not always move with a lever/torch there and would need a block update to get going.

Wired control board example:
Levers for single movement, timer + counter for controlled distance movement

rPq87.jpg

Once you get the hang of the frame motors you can place the vertical ones arrows facing eachother for a cleaner look:
q4ugx.jpg

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
I found a very compact 4-axis engine that was 4x4x4 IIRC (using wireless) and was VERY simple to build. Adding the 2 remaining axis should be easy.

If you havent found any better by tomorrow ill search for the thing or just go into creative and snap a few pictures.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
That one mnakes use of the new frubes to transmit redstone, the one i knew of did not have that possibility.