RedLogic by Immibs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis makes yet another temporary replacement.
The only time he uses the term "temporary" is when he is referring to recipes. Given enough time and enough delays on Eloraam's part, I don't see why this won't become more popular.

I do find it amusing it unintentionally requires his Microblocks mod.

Reactions: Chocorate

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Let's hope Immibis and PowerCrystals talk. RedAlloy wire would be awesome in conjunction with RedNet. Often times I find myself wanting "last mile", inexpensive logic while doing test builds using the programmable rednet controller. And let's face it, sometimes the PRC is way overkill. But the ability to spike redstone alloy wire channels into rednet wire would be really useful in some contexts.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Let's hope Immibis and PowerCrystals talk. RedAlloy wire would be awesome in conjunction with RedNet. Often times I find myself wanting "last mile", inexpensive logic while doing test builds using the programmable rednet controller. And let's face it, sometimes the PRC is way overkill. But the ability to spike redstone alloy wire channels into rednet wire would be really useful in some contexts.

Timer.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
The only time he uses the term "temporary" is when he is referring to recipes. Given enough time and enough delays on Eloraam's part, I don't see why this won't become more popular.

I do find it amusing it unintentionally requires his Microblocks mod.
Temporary for me, because I need something to tide me over while waiting.
And what?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
when do we get immbis Not-frames?

He said he's not doing frames. Lots of people don't like them. Any new frames implementation will probably be pretty different from the RP2 system; they'll have fixed sizes and special semantics to make them less likely to explode.

And lots of mods rely on internal space tracking and shape detection that is fairly expensive but only done at structure formation, now. Frames will make this very dicey. For example, most good tanks are multiblock and either very difficult or impossible to wire. I know there are crashes lurking if you start messing with Xycraft tanks and frames in 1.4.7-land.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Especially since the PRC is a rather expensive device if used for such a basic purpose - a tiner is one such purpose in which a whole diamond just for timed pulses is simply too much to ask, for example the MFR liquidcrafter only crafts upon receiving a pulse, but if you want it to continuously craft, you need to timer it, and using MFRs own solution is rather expensive.
However, an un-adjustable timer in vanilla really only takes 1 torch a repeater and a couple of pieces of RS dust.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Of course it works great as a timer, you paid a diamond for it after all.

That's what I was gettin' at.

yeah yeah. I know. And how many people here actually know how to simulate a timer with rednet? Basically four of us who are talkative, and I know a lot of people just use bare square waves.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
why do people keep begging for frames. the only thing I can think of why you would want frames is to use them for mining, but more mods are slowly adding their own way of mining.

Reactions: Chocorate

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
why do people keep begging for frames. the only thing I can think of why you would want frames is to use them for mining, but more mods are slowly adding their own way of mining.
Because Frames are Kewl.
They do kewl stuff and move kewl things around.
Frames are the new Kewl.
From now on, whenever I want to say cool, I will say frames.
Frames are Frames!

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Don't tell the Knights of the FTB Roundtable, they'll be upset we have more features/don't have to wait.

Because Frames are Kewl.
They do kewl stuff and move kewl things around.
Frames are the new Kewl.
From now on, whenever I want to say cool, I will say frames.

Frames are Frames!

You make me cry. Like, worse than my 7 year old cousin who uses "random" to replace any positive word. I'm leaving. I have that feeling like when I see blood. I'm cringing from secondhand embarrassment right now.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019

Mining is definitely the most common practical use for frames, yes. But half the fun of Minecraft (maybe more than half) is building ridiculous things that are completely impractical but are just plain fun. Frames allow for a whole new world of crazy builds.
Plus, there are a few other reasonable uses such as elevators or moving TC3 crystal cores.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Mining is definitely the most common practical use for frames, yes. But half the fun of Minecraft (maybe more than half) is building ridiculous things that are completely impractical but are just plain fun. Frames allow for a whole new world of crazy builds.
Plus, there are a few other reasonable uses such as elevators or moving TC3 crystal cores.

but then why do people cling to frame so much? go and try out other mods and making fantastic builds with that.
the people who keep begging for frames sound like a 5yo kid who wants a candy going like

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
but then why do people cling to frame so much? go and try out other mods and making fantastic builds with that.
I'm not sure I understand your point here. Yes, there TONS of amazing builds that can be made without frames. I wouldn't deny that for a moment. But that doesn't change the fact that there are many other things which cannot be accomplished without them.
I also agree that some people can get a bit "over-zealous" about wanting frames or something equivalent. But that, too, doesn't change the fact that they are very powerful and fun to build with.