Recovering MC Password from launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncagedBlue

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot my minecraft password, and I can't get an email for mojang accounts or minecraft, but it is typed into FTB. I need some way to recover the password from the launcher. It's replaced with asterisks, and there isn't even a lastlogin to put into the vanilla launcher. :/

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot my minecraft password, and I can't get an email for mojang accounts or minecraft, but it is typed into FTB. I need some way to recover the password from the launcher. It's replaced with asterisks, and there isn't even a lastlogin to put into the vanilla launcher. :/

What do you mean by "can't get an email"? Sounds like you need to recover your password on the mojang site. The launcher can't do that for you.

jatie1

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean by "can't get an email"? Sounds like you need to recover your password on the mojang site. The launcher can't do that for you.
He has his Minecraft account password remembered in the FTB Launcher, but not anywhere else (not even his brain :p). This means if we can't find out his MC password, than he has no Minecraft, or FTB. How could he survive? This is between life and death.

Now, you could try to copy-and-paste the password into a text document (that's right, copy the asterisks). Your password is probably encoded into one of your FTB files, but I have no idea which one. If someone knows, then spit it out! Someone could die here!

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
My point is that if it's his/her own account then they can reset it with mojang on their website. I'm not interested in helping someone try to recover what might actually be someone else's password from the launcher. I was trying not to say that because I don't like to disobey Wheaton's Law, and this might be a genuine issue for the op.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft.net or mojang.com

Feed the Beast has no control over your account details.

UncagedBlue

Jul 29, 2019
But FTB has them somewhere. Minecraft and Mojang have been no help, they won't send anything to any of my emails. I've tried guessing my password but couldn't get it and I'm not sure if I migrated to mojang accounts or not. FTB is my only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.