Realgam Tower in Minecraft [WIP + lots of pictures]

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Realgam Tower is an enormous structure in Pokemon Colosseum and XD, and since I love those games so much, I decided to remake it in FTB and use it as my base. I am using the Direwolf20 pack, completely unchanged. Although I went into Creative to take the screenshots, it was built entirely by hand in Survival.

The original Realgam Tower looks like this:

Realgam_Tower.png

And I will begin the tour of my version of it in the below pictures. Note that is still very much a Work In Progress.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

h0wpADW.png

The entrance to the tower. About 40 blocks straight up is the actual structure.
Future plans: Add some ground-level rooms with minecarts to get around like in the original. (Especially since I haven't done any Railcraft, like, at all.)

GVoOsu6.png

The main structure, looking up from the bottom.
Future plans: Make it look nicer (Hide the pipes and break up the quarried blocks mostly); I have plans to mimic the things hanging down from the three outer towers, which I'll get into later.

MM8yijU.png

cDkUOq7.png

As you can see, I am using the main room for storage. I use a router to sort items. Most of the barrels are empty because I'm going to use them to store organic stuff. You can see one of the three smaller towers in the second picture.
Future plans: Automate the production of organic stuff so the barrels won't be empty anymore.

IHpqKks.png

I'll admit it: I have absolutely no idea what to use this tower for. I'll probably make some cursed earth spawners on each of the floors and then have the mobs rise up the center shaft or something. Honestly, I don't know. I also have a few random junk chests on this floor.
Future plans: Probably a mob system, but the possibilities are endless. I do know that I want to put animal farms below the towers, to mimic the structures in the original Realgam Tower.

ZOff9uf.png

The view from the top of the towers. One of them doesn't yet have grass because I just finished building it. The silverwood tree is just for decoration, and I'm gonna have to move my bed at some point, since it's such a pain to get down from the tower if I die.
Future plans: BEEEEEEEEEES! :D

DlomQrK.png

This is the tower with the silverwood tree on top. As you can see, it's currently completely empty.
Future plans: I want to line every block of the walls with potion racks; I think it'll look really cool.

NJc634A.png

The third tower. Currently I only have a smeltery.
Future plans:
I want to put all of my machines and industry in this tower - I'll probably put a ceiling right above the smeltery, and put various IC2 and TE machines above it.

psNE6OE.png

My Thaumcraft infusion room. It's right above the main room. I don't know why everyone hates on the golems - I find they work quite well.
Future plans: Get rid of that stupid Netherrack water spring. I hate it so much, but I need an infinite water source for the crucible. If Azanor is reading this, can we *please* have the Everfull Urn back? I loved it in TC2 and it would work perfectly. Also, I'm going to put a roof on the room.

JWIkcH3.png

And directly above the TC room, we have my wood and ethanol farm. Nothing special, just an average Forestry treefarm.
Future plans: Breed a strain of oak trees with high sapling production and high sappiness so that I always have a surplus of biomass/ethanol.

eqsGyAm.png

My biomass production. Nothing special to see here.
Future plans: Properly autosort the wood and apples instead of stuffing them into a chest.

NhIcf4j.png

Outside the engine room. I really only took this picture as a joke because of the creepers. And they had the nerve to not look at me during the screenshot!
Future plans: Creeper-proof this area.

W8FYqMO.png

The engine room and ore processing plant. Very basic, but I have plans to expand it to sort more stuff.
Future plans: Expand it to sort output from plant and mob farms as well, and replace the Steam Dynamos with Compression Dynamos.

So, any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? I'm definitely not the best at making things look nice, so if anyone can help me with aesthetics, or just has ideas for stuff I can put in New Realgam Tower, I would greatly appreciate it.

As I continue work on it, I'll keep the pictures updated, so keep an eye on this thread!

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nice stuff, love all the pics. One observation I have is that I'm not 100% sure you've allotted enough space for some of your ideas. In particular, I don't see a lot of space for your Bees setup. Of course I'm limited in what I can see from the pic angles :) And you definitely have the option of a vertical arrangement.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Nice stuff, love all the pics. One observation I have is that I'm not 100% sure you've allotted enough space for some of your ideas. In particular, I don't see a lot of space for your Bees setup. Of course I'm limited in what I can see from the pic angles :) And you definitely have the option of a vertical arrangement.
True, there isn't a lot of room for bees. However, I do indeed plan to use a vertical setup, but I'll probably put the automated bees somewhere else - I plan to use the tops of the towers for breeding.