Reading railcraft tank infos with computercraft

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running latest Direwolf20 pack and hooked a computer to a valve of a RC iron tank. I tried to read the tank's info with open peripheral, but instead of the expected table, the getTankInfo() method (recommended on various tuts I read) only delivers a string value.
I thried both "unknown" and "back" as parameter (my tank is in the back of the computer). In the first case I get a table with just one entry: key: 1 value: the string I get from the second case.

Worse: The actual online documentation for OP doesn't list the getTankInfo method, but a getTanks() method for the RC valves.

I'm running a setup where a factrization solar boiler array fills a RC tank with steam. This steam is used by TE3 dynamos to produce the RF I need. Sometimes the use is greater than the produce and then the tank empties. To avois this I have a 36LP boiler to refill the tank. I now want the boiler to be activated on less than 25% in the tank and stop on more than 75%. I know how to program the turning on and off, but I need to read the values first.

p.s. the version number of open peripherals in the pack is higher than the latest download on the openMods site.