ReactorCraft Pebble Bed Power Plant

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
So earlier today I decided that I needed a new base. I decided I would use my reactor age; a single endstone island in a seemingly endless ice wasteland. I thought it would make for an interesting build that and I kind of like minecraft snow. I find it rather peaceful. That aside I began planning that new base. After awhile I came to the conclusion that before I start moving I need to make my reactor look better after all I had a pretty nice base planned out. You might say i got slightly carried away: http://imgur.com/a/xim2L. Gives me a total of 8.590GW or 1,526,285 rf/t or for those who use IC2, 381,571 eu/t.

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
So earlier today I decided that I needed a new base. I decided I would use my reactor age; a single endstone island in a seemingly endless ice wasteland. I thought it would make for an interesting build that and I kind of like minecraft snow. I find it rather peaceful. That aside I began planning that new base. After awhile I came to the conclusion that before I start moving I need to make my reactor look better after all I had a pretty nice base planned out. You might say i got slightly carried away: http://imgur.com/a/xim2L. Gives me a total of 8.590GW or 1,526,285 rf/t or for those who use IC2, 381,571 eu/t.
Very cool. Now do fission or fusion for even more fun :). (You probably won't need any more power)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Gives me a total of 8.590GW or 1,526,285 rf/t or for those who use IC2, 381,571 eu/t.
I'm curious: have you monitored your steam balance to see if you could add more turbines?

I have a 16-core fission reactor at the moment which runs an HP turbine, but by right-clicking the steam line connected to it, I could see I was still netting more than I was consuming.
I added several small turbines until it balanced out.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Are PBRs susceptible to over-heating/meltdowns of any kind?

If not so much, that would be another benefit.

I'd love to see someone demonstrate a Breeder reactor and a Plutonium reactor.

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
I'm curious: have you monitored your steam balance to see if you could add more turbines?

I have a 16-core fission reactor at the moment which runs an HP turbine, but by right-clicking the steam line connected to it, I could see I was still netting more than I was consuming.
I added several small turbines until it balanced out.
Yes, the steam stays at a steady 58-60 m^3 and 170 m^3 at the boiler output.

Are PBRs susceptible to over-heating/meltdowns of any kind?

If not so much, that would be another benefit.

I'd love to see someone demonstrate a Breeder reactor and a Plutonium reactor.
Yes they will make you need to find a new base if you don't siphon away the heat fast enough. Very simple though, the hotter your reactor, that more heat exchangers you will need to dissipate the heat fast enough to keep the reactor from overheating. You could have a single CO2 heat exchanger column in your reactor and tons of fuel rods heating that thing up extremely fast, as long as you have your CO2 loop going fast enough your good. Also acknowledging thermal conductivity applies this is not a very good idea as the more cores you have around a single exchanger, the less likely it is for the heat to make its way to the exchanger due to the increased length or in other words...*boom*.

As for a plutonium reactor, I've let my centrifuges run endlessly since I make them just stockpiling the uranium. I'm up to about 800 enriched and 6000 depleted. Been contemplating making one of these. From what I gather they will just create a lot more heat from a single core and a higher of chance of...you guessed it *boom*.

Wait till you see the base. ;)

Reactions: Padfoote and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Alas, I believe the latest ReactorCraft version tones down the HGTR a bit.

Which makes sense if nobody had an incentive to upgrade to standard fission.

Hope you post more updates.

micmou

Jul 29, 2019
Do you think you could release your world I am curious on how most of these setups work?
I know people don't like releasing stuff but I am curious at how to setup reactor craft and such as there is no real examples out there yours is the first I have came across :D

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Do you think you could release your world I am curious on how most of these setups work?
I know people don't like releasing stuff but I am curious at how to setup reactor craft and such as there is no real examples out there yours is the first I have came across :D
I prefer to just keep answering questions and showing pics/diagrams. Can't be bothered to send my world itself out, especially since its not any vanilla modpack anymore.