RC/ReC/ElC/CC Policy Changes

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Awesome squidly.
I'm sure Reika mentioned this above already, but he won't support .remove()? (just mildly curious)
OK, so I currently do not have a good way to open up the RC recipe code as I desired, so that will still be in effect for the main v7, as I have no interest in delaying its release any further. However v7 will still open up the permissions, letting you modify "normal table" recipes, and subsequent updates will implement the more open code.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
By the way:

In light of some complaints about the "Things not to say" section of my site, several people are suggesting removing it.

However, it does exist for a purpose, and I do want that purpose fulfilled. So I am asking for alternative approaches that fulfill that purpose without the issues people have with the current implementation.

The main purpose, the one that needs to be fulfilled, is to provide proof that people actually do say those sorts of things. Too often, in discussions around things like my policies, I am challenged on that fact and the other person claims that I am lying about how some people behave. Lack of proof in this regard makes my position nearly untenable.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
If you do that, you could provide more examples as well. You're not advertising it, only people that are linked there by you (or have the link themselves because they liked the Stupid Stuff in Modded Minecraft thread)

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
I would agree with TomeWyrm, you can add some of the other things, and just don't link to it from the sidebar on your site so that you aren't advertising it, you can just link to it as needed when people claim that the things you say happen haven't happened.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I would agree with TomeWyrm, you can add some of the other things, and just don't link to it from the sidebar on your site so that you aren't advertising it, you can just link to it as needed when people claim that the things you say happen haven't happened.
Keep the material, but don't list the page.
Don't link to the page in the header or on any other page.
Just keep it ready for when you need it.
That is easy to do.

Just link them to the issue tracker's abuse tag.
Almost all of that has been deleted, so that is not helpful.

Don_Quijote

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion this part of your page isn't that bad, it's just badly placed. If you don't want to just keep it in the background, I would recommend to push it to the bottom. At the moment it seems more important than the actual content, which might be considered bad advertising. Putting it below your "Support Me" link will limit the attention mostly to the people looking for it or pointed to it.

Regarding the main topic, I hope this will lead to FTB packs or others with RC and ReC included in the future, though it didn't matter for me that much, as I like RC and ReC just the way they are. My problem at the moment is, that I'm primarily sitting on TechWorld 2, which I have manually updated to v25z, without a considerable option to move on.

P.S. As I'm allready posting, thank you for your mods Reika, I love to work things out^^.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
In my opinion this part of your page isn't that bad, it's just badly placed. If you don't want to just keep it in the background, I would recommend to push it to the bottom. At the moment it seems more important than the actual content, which might be considered bad advertising. Putting it below your "Support Me" link will limit the attention mostly to the people looking for it or pointed to it.

Regarding the main topic, I hope this will lead to FTB packs or others with RC and ReC included in the future, though it didn't matter for me that much, as I like RC and ReC just the way they are. My problem at the moment is, that I'm primarily sitting on TechWorld 2, which I have manually updated to v25z, without a considerable option to move on.

P.S. As I'm allready posting, thank you for your mods Reika, I love to work things out^^.
That I can easily and will do.