Random Myscraft Worlds

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm stuffing around with Myscraft in the DW20 pack and just to try and get some pages, I'm creating random worlds and searching for the libraries, with mixed success depending on how the world looks. But I am getting some interesting worlds.

1) Single Biome, Eerie, Permanent Twilight. Great for Mob hunting/xp farming, quite a few Greatwood's with chests, lots of Silverwood trees and a fair number of Thaumcraft dungeons.
2) Pure Liquid Essence Lakes. The rest of the terrain is quite mountainous, but all of the surface lakes (and there's a lot) are AM2 Liquid Essence. If I starting needing some, this is going to be a huge resource for it.
3) Flat Savannah (or something similar). Stuff using flight, just run around and look. I didn't find much in the way of libraries, but I found a lot of the obelisk style Thaumcraft sites. In my quick searching of them, I got a Sword of the Zephyr, two Hoe's of Growth and something like 4 portal guns.

I'll post some screenshots tonight when I get home, but I was wondering if others have hit a jackpot with random ages?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
While I have yet to find lakes of liquid gold like some people, the last 3 worlds I generated were flat, one was mountainous jungle so there were lots of thaumcraft obsidian rings, one was tundra? something flat and snowy where thaumcraft barrows spawn along with snow tendrils for blizes. I was a little unprepared for either world and just kinda flew around a bit, but I plan on making another magnum torch and using it to help raid some dungeons and collect some spawners. And bees, flat ages seem really good for ground spawning beehives.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I got oceans of liquid bronze, liquid enderium (the TiC kind, but I can put it in a liquid transposer and have it come out the TE3 kind) and liquid midasium, or whatever can be combined to make gold. One with endstone as rock, and one with nether fortresses, so blaze spawners Everywhere. Good times.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
The most interesting thing I've had happen is an eternal-snow age with lots of completely dry lakes. That I eventually discovered were filled with steam (up up and away!).

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
The most interesting thing I've had happen is an eternal-snow age with lots of completely dry lakes. That I eventually discovered were filled with steam (up up and away!).
..Oh gods, a steam ocean would be a nightmare, SPF instead of FPS.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
do want to say that the essence lakes are necessarily from mystcraft. AM2 changed some of it's world gen so essence now generates in actual lakes and also adds in witchwood forest biomes