[Railcraft] World Anchor / Anchor carts don't seem to work

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Hi forum,

I am trying to get the first automated liquid transporttrains running, but i have some issues with the world anchor / anchor cart. I read something about a bug in railcraft that makes world anchors functionless unless you go through specific steps.

Someone experienced the same? Any workarounds? Tipps?

I don't have any other chunk loaders at hand i'm afraid ... so railcraft is my only option :(

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Strange. I did get them to work, but after leaving the dimension and returning it stopped working again. Someone told me to set the anchor onto a block thats has a redstone current. Going to try this again, perhaps it helps.

And i lost all my waypoints in this dimension, too ... very strange.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Quarries anyone? They'll keeps your chunks loaded based on quarry size so a 20 by 20 will keeps that area loaded. They are good custom loaders so you don't loads more than you needs and the quarry will keeps the areas loaded as long it's remains in it position. If you needs a huge factory loaded all you do is combine more 64 by 64 quarries together. Now they're may not be cheap (they're more pricey since Gregtech changed the recipe) but for custom loaders they're well worth it. You can now even use them for auto mining without many anchors too just one for the power grid and output area.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Strange. I did get them to work, but after leaving the dimension and returning it stopped working again. Someone told me to set the anchor onto a block thats has a redstone current. Going to try this again, perhaps it helps.

And i lost all my waypoints in this dimension, too ... very strange.
Odd, they're working fine for me. You do have to visit a mystcraft world when you first log in (SSP) to load it initially, but the anchor keeps it loaded until you log off. As for the waypoints, that seems to happen a lot. Pretty sure it's a Rei's minimap issue.