Ragnarok (Final Fantasy 8)

Alais

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I just found out about forge multipart 3 weeks ago, and as soon as I saw that you could use mini blocks, I just HAD to take advantage of that. So, three weeks work later, I finished my model of the Ragnarok spaceship from Final Fantasy 8. I absolutely love the design of this thing in the game, so I hope I did it justice. 150 full-size blocks long, exterior only, for now.

mZyQNFH.png

wb8NClm.png

ZuMnCO0.png

fJCUElZ.png

qpnGRzj.png

7sJgIiF.png

3r0YQXh.png

Wdqup0R.png

27dS08k.png

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
This is Amazing! I have never played Final Fantasy, but I don't need to, to know this is epic. Have you got anything else planned, you are pretty good at this

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap. No. No. That's not real. Photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels. Nope. Too good. No no no.

No.

nope

Reactions: SonOfABirch

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
That is the second best translation of the Ragnarok I've ever seen. (Number one was built for Freelancer and was flyable, which is the only reason it's better.)

Still, an amazingly awesome piece of crafting.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
<---- Gets on knees, Begins bowing

"I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy..."

All i can say is Holy Crap that is awsome, I wish I could build like that but sadly my skills are in the realm of simple cabins and 9x9's.
Keep up the great work and I would love to see some of your other builds.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Ragnarok was one of the few things about FF8 I liked. This is amazing! Good job!

Alais

Jul 29, 2019
Firstly, wow! I didn't expect to see so many replies. The FTB community seems pretty active and very friendly :) Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Like anyone who creates anything at all, it really is the greatest thing to hear comments and appraisal from others.

This is Amazing! I have never played Final Fantasy, but I don't need to, to know this is epic. Have you got anything else planned, you are pretty good at this

Thanks! I don't have anything else planned yet. I am always looking for suggestions, though! The kind of models I like to make are aircraft/spacecraft/airships, gardens, Japanese architecture, animal statues etc., although anything that looks interesting is fair game. I only just started playing FTB, I started work on the Ragnarok in creative before I even tried SMP, so I don't have anything built on a multiplayer server yet and would like to mess around with the actual gameplay of FTB before I undertake any more giant builds. FTB looks like a lot of fun!

<---- Gets on knees, Begins bowing

"I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy..."

All i can say is Holy Crap that is awsome, I wish I could build like that but sadly my skills are in the realm of simple cabins and 9x9's.
Keep up the great work and I would love to see some of your other builds.

Thanks ^^ I am so glad you like it. I don't have anything else built using FTB, but here are a few from my old regular minecraft SMP server, unfortunately I don't have access to too many pics right now, I will try to add more later. The Ragnarok is definitely the biggest project I have done, so these are all a little smaller scale:
la2W52B.png

7IoLOOB.png

pJLuPy7.png

1RJRCqT.png

wIRlzEW.png

That is the second best translation of the Ragnarok I've ever seen. (Number one was built for Freelancer and was flyable, which is the only reason it's better.)

Still, an amazingly awesome piece of crafting.
Thanks, this means a lot to me. I did see the Freelancer model, and it looks pretty great. It would be really fun to be able to fly the Ragnarok, maybe I should check that game out some time.

Reactions: VikeStep

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I'm not sure if you can still find the mod, but it should be around somewhere. It even had the main cannon as a mounted weapon.​

Alais

Jul 29, 2019
That airship mod looks very cool, is there are reason why few or no multiplayer servers have it? It would be a lot of fun to have a personalised aircraft to travel around a SMP server. Unfortunately my model has around 8x too many blocks in it to work with this particular mod. If there was a FTB server with this mod, I would be really tempted to join it. I love anything that flies...

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
That airship mod looks very cool, is there are reason why few or no multiplayer servers have it? It would be a lot of fun to have a personalised aircraft to travel around a SMP server. Unfortunately my model has around 8x too many blocks in it to work with this particular mod. If there was a FTB server with this mod, I would be really tempted to join it. I love anything that flies...

probably that they tend to be buggy on smp but it seems to work fine with me in ssp and you don't glitch out like the old one but you do glitch to the top which isn't to bad to deal with.