Questions about the FTB launcher?

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Is the FTB launcher required to install the mod pack , or will there be a manual install option for the entire mod pack?

Will there be a custom install patch option?

Will there be the option to run multiple installs from multiple paths?

========
Currently the only launcher I use is the default minecraft.jar. I have it running from a folder that contains all the different installs of minecraft I am using. I just switched over to running it all from one bat file (which I guess is a launcher too , just that it is one I wrote myself (using snippets of stuff I found in different places)).

Anyways , I have things set up the way I like them and am wanting to keep things this way. I don't have any problems installing mods or the FTB pack from 1.2.5. I don't have to many problems with the bat file either.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher would be highly recommended, but you sure are fine without.
Either you might be able download the pack as a stand-alone, or you download the launcher, launch it once and copy the files from the new folder to your existing one.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
from what slow said on stream last night the launcher will be a one click install of ftb & any related supported packs, but you could install with multimc

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
from what slow said on stream last night the launcher will be a one click install of ftb & any related supported packs, but you could install with multimc

I don't use MultiMC........I just launch minecraft's default launcher using a bat file , the bat file just sets the directory of the install I want to use then activates the minecraft.jar launcher that can be downloaded from the official minecraft site.

=================

I guess I will have to wait and see. Thanks to both of you for your replies.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
.bat was the best way before multimc I agree, but now its not the best option unless you are runnings s heavily scripted server.

yep time will tell couple of weeks or a little over this will be a moot point :p