Questions about server performance

spudy12

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
I run a server for a few friends and me. At most there is about 10 people on it (very rarely)

Just got a few questions about a few things.

Firstly Lvl * tick
What is this all about and why do lvl's come and go? Currently I have lvl 7, lvl -1, lvl 1, lvl 0 however this changes sometimes. Can't seem to find a definition on it anywhere.

Secondly world anchors. Do these degrade the performance at all? Using less than 10 of them at most and have read mixed responses about them..

Thirdly, When the server is up and running the cpu idles around 30 - 35%. is this normal?

Finally, Warning can't keep up, did the system time change. Get this on the odd occasion. I know its the system that can't keep up and I believe I have narrowed it down to the Harddrive. The specs of the server are more than adequate
win 7 ultimate 64bit
Dual core 3.6ghz intel
8gb ddr3 RAM
500gb 7200rpm wd
20mb/s Up and down internet.

Thinking of either investing in a SSD or making a RAM disc, which would be better? I hear that the server writes to disk alot so will quickly wear down the SSD?

I do also use the server to stream media from a RAID array and host a small file server on it.

The FTB server runs fine for the most part, few lag patches here and there, just general queries

Spud

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
"Warning can't keep up, did the system time change" I'm pretty certain that this is an absolutely normal message for a modded server, or at least in my non-FTB modded servers it appears to be common, and I never get lag on those.