Question regarding map perms

darkuslord98

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any permissions for the creation of Minecraft maps with mods in them? If so, what are they?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got permission to use the mod in your modpack, then you can make a map out of it and distribute it.
No permission needed for a private map or something that will only involve friends and not be distributed publicly.
Any modpack you use in FTB, you can use to make a map.
Hope I helped, if so put "(Solved)" or something in your title, thanks! :)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Also, no permission is necessary if you aren't distibuting mods. For example, the old sky table maps for EE2 were distributed without permission from the modmaker. They just said to install the mods you want with EE2 and play the map. Generally, as long as the map itself is your own original work, regardless of mods used, you don't need permission.

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
This really should have gone in the Simple Question thread! Some people lack CS (Common Sense)!
Why make a whole thread for a simple question.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Because this is a forum, it's purpose is discussion. Not everyone knows about the simple question thread (and some people even prefer to ignore it's existance). Searching through a thread hundreds of pages long completely defeats the purpose of a forum.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Because this is a forum, it's purpose is discussion. Not everyone knows about the simple question thread (and some people even prefer to ignore it's existance). Searching through a thread hundreds of pages long completely defeats the purpose of a forum.
I agree with you there. :)
But there are some "simple" questions, and some "complex" questions, and then there is "other/general" questions.
This is really quite simple and is just regarding maps, plus it has a vague description.
If it were a entirely different question, and it had a good few paragraphs on the summary, it would be perfect for its own thread!

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with you there. :)
But there are some "simple" questions, and some "complex" questions, and then there is "other/general" questions.
This is really quite simple and is just regarding maps, plus it has a vague description.
If it were a entirely different question, and it had a good few paragraphs on the summary, it would be perfect for its own thread!

Apparently we don't actually agree then, lol. Simple questions, complex questions, doesn't matter. A new thread is just fine for them. I don't see why people want to post in a thread a simple question...and then maybe they can't come back right away...come back 2 days later and someone answered their question without quoting them and they have no clue...and now have to dig through 10 pages of stuff they don't care about.

Some people like them of course, but I find the simple question thread rather annoying...which is why I don't use it, and certainly don't blame anyone else for not using it. If I have a specific question, no matter how easy, that has a specific answer...there is no reason not to start a new thread (unless of course it's a very common question and a search finds that 100 of them already exist). :)

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently we don't actually agree then, lol. Simple questions, complex questions, doesn't matter. A new thread is just fine for them. I don't see why people want to post in a thread a simple question...and then maybe they can't come back right away...come back 2 days later and someone answered their question without quoting them and they have no clue...and now have to dig through 10 pages of stuff they don't care about.

Some people like them of course, but I find the simple question thread rather annoying...which is why I don't use it, and certainly don't blame anyone else for not using it. If I have a specific question, no matter how easy, that has a specific answer...there is no reason not to start a new thread (unless of course it's a very common question and a search finds that 100 of them already exist). :)
I can only half-agree with you there. I now understand your view and you have actually changed mine! I'll completely agree with you now and we'll say no more about with a fresh mind! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Staxed