Question regarding crystal clusters

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know the exact mechanics behind crystal clusters? I'd like to use a pair of infernal furnaces in my automated ore processing system, but my earlier experimentation along those lines ended up completely depleting the aura in just about every chunk within a kilometer of my base. If I can offset the aura drain of the furnaces with crystal clusters, then I just might try it again.

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Each one puts out out 1 Vis every five minutes or so. If you're draining that much aura with your ore processing you should be able to swing enough clusters keep your nodes going.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
One vis every five minutes? Wow, that's...unimpressive. So to support a full-tilt infernal furnace (which seems to drain ~ 1 vis per second) I'd need something on the order of 300 of them?

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Does the 1 vis always go to the nearest node? I've had my node surrounded with crystals for a while now and not been able to observe it being charged by them at all, although I have seen another node a short distance away become overcharged by a bit. There's no special layout or mixture of the different type of crystals you have to use to get it to work, right?

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
It should charge the nearest node, I believe, but things can get wonky sometimes. I've never really went full-on Aura Depletion Mode for testing purposes, but I have wrecked the aura for shits and giggles before.
I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one.
Bfl0bdF.png

Reactions: jumpfight5

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
The infernal furnace definitely doesn't use flux that fast. In my SMP world (which, admittedly, I don't play as much as SSP) there's an infernal furnace running constantly at our central hub with 3 bellows on it. We've never had problems supplying enough vis, though dealing with all that flux has been a problem from time to time.