[Question] Circular Bio-Dome Design

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys

So I recently build a 129 diameter torus with the widest part being 20 blocks... I have a Bio-Dome theme planned in where it's a floating ring which a civilization has had to elevate themselves from the ground due to it being a hazardous plant. The occupants inside the Bio-Dome need to be able to sustain life with what ever needs they have in the Dome...e.g. food, air, power.... currently the bottom half is marble quartz and burnt quartz, the top half will soon be trees and nature as such inside a huge glass dome.

My question is I am habing trouble filling the dome or even ideas of how to fill this dome... I will post pictures later in the week to help get a view of this but what rooms would you guys add ? They don't have to all be functional but what special features or rooms can you think such a building would need?

I look forward to seeing what your creative minds can come up with!

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
if it's a humanity's last resort, you would probably need such rooms as:
1 tree and veggie farm, which can also serve as air generation.
2 animal farm
3 living quarters
4 kitchen
5 recreational room - a nice scenery with a lake or a pool
6 power room with reactor craft or big reactors, cuz they are cool and fit thematically.
7 storage room
8 waste disposal - a pond of sludge and sewage with sludge boilers running.

bonus for using galacticraft shenanigans to supply whole dome with air.

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
If you need more tech and plants MFR has some great stuff for that kind of thing, and forestry with extra bees\trees is always a good one for filling space. Also we would be able to give you more ideas if we knew what pack you play on.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
If you need more tech and plants MFR has some great stuff for that kind of thing, and forestry with extra bees\trees is always a good one for filling space. Also we would be able to give you more ideas if we knew what pack you play on.
id' personally went with iron golems for farming, because they somewhat resemble robots, which is good for sci-fi theme.

Reactions: Loxinnightwalker

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
That is a good point. I just think a lot of the MFR stuff looks cool along with the things they can be used for.

MFR, in my view, is a functional mod. and because of that it kinda suffers in looks department. the conveyor belts are an exception and it'd be a good idea to use them, but Assembly Line beats them in terms of looks, can't comment on functionality though.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys for all the great ideas.... so far I have only setup a drone collecting ender pearls feeding the new extra utilities generators... I'm also using reinforced watering cans to help the power demand! This all goes to capacitor banks which I feel fits the theme nicely!

So secondly the upper part is filled with grass and trees and such... I'm hoping to add in villagers and goblins from witchery. I was thinking little homes ontop and fancy aesthetic items from decocraft...

So in my babe I'm thinking:

Power supply
Backup power
Sleeping stations
Landing bays
Storage room (AE)
Autocrafting (AE 1.7.10)
Villager breeding
Welcome station
Inside gardens
Automated farms
Processing
Command center (this will in the center of the torus as a free standing structure only connected by thin walkways most likely needing bio-hazard suits)

The top I would like to leave almost untouched by technology...