QuarryPlus and experience

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
I was just using QuarryPlus for the first time and it completely killed my fps from about 50 down to 1. :(

I have a quarry with fortune and unbreaking setup a 32x32 area, but when it mines it drops experience orbs.

With 17 levels mined there was enough experience for 38 levels on the ground, which killed my fps.

How to you prevent this or is there a way to disable the experience drop or collect it?

Right now I had to collect the experience with 1 fps which was quiet some time, but as soon as everything was collected the fps was at 50 again.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
I got a solution for my problem:

It's only Mimichite Ore that's dropping experience so I put Silk Touch on the Quarry but used a ListEditor to only mine Mimichite Ore with Silk Touch. That way it mines Mimichite with silk touch, cobblestone normal and diamond, coal etc with Fortune. :)

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
Silk touch is better for a quarry plus anyway for many reasons imo.

Can you also list some of those many reasons?

Some of the ores can't be used in macerator/pulverizer, less resources per ore like diamond, redstone, certus quartz and you need an extra step.

And I don't want to use an extractor this time.

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Can you also list some of those many reasons?

Some of the ores can't be used in macerator/pulverizer, less resources per ore like diamond, redstone, certus quartz and you need an extra step.

And I don't want to use an extractor this time.

Well to avoid all that lag you could use a quarry plus then a breaker plus setup which uses breaker Plus, Block placer and block detector. I add fortune 3 to breaker plus and uses AE export items into the block placer.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
Well to avoid all that lag you could use a quarry plus then a breaker plus setup which uses breaker Plus, Block placer and block detector. I add fortune 3 to breaker plus and uses AE export items into the block placer.

Well, I just need to enable Mimichite Ore in the silk touch list and the lag is gone, a "little" bit easier than that setup. But epidemia78 said there are many reasons to use silk touch but I don't know them. :(

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
well IMO silktouch is better for many reasons, you get stone and all the other stuff + as I said before, just setup a fortune 3 block breaker, that way you can actually keep the Xp to, just set a vacuum hopper behind. If you want I can upload the design

Reactions: Giddimani

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I just need to enable Mimichite Ore in the silk touch list and the lag is gone, a "little" bit easier than that setup. But epidemia78 said there are many reasons to use silk touch but I don't know them. :(

Well the main reason I do it is so I get the by-product of pulverizing redstone. Also stone is better than cobble, ores take up less space, and its fun to set up block breakers for certain things.

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
Yes but the thing is that you will be quarrying at least 64x64 with quarry plus usually so a vacuum hopper will not reach far enough to suck up the experience.
I would've imagined the xp came out of the quarry not the block, sorry about that I haven't really gotten into quarryplus.

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
I would've imagined the xp came out of the quarry not the block, sorry about that I haven't really gotten into quarryplus.
If it did, then it would probably work for everything but mimichite, which was the OP's problem since it wasn't I'm the ore dictionary / whatever. It would be really good if the quarry plus did drop experience though, would make me want to use fortune :)

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
well IMO silktouch is better for many reasons, you get stone and all the other stuff + as I said before, just setup a fortune 3 block breaker, that way you can actually keep the Xp to, just set a vacuum hopper behind. If you want I can upload the design

Thanks, that's a good idea. Do you know a way to remove an enchantment from the quarry? Haven't seen the option in the EnchantMover.

Well the main reason I do it is so I get the by-product of pulverizing redstone. Also stone is better than cobble, ores take up less space, and its fun to set up block breakers for certain things.

There is no by-product of pulverizing redstone ore, at least in Monster.