Quarry question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya,

I am using Direwolf20 1.5 - 1.1.3 (so V2) for my world.

In the nether I have placed my quarry in a 32x32 field with a energy tesseract next to it. (private, receive only) The output is connected through buildcraft pipes to a lot of chests. I filter out Netherrack with a diamond pipe and throw it out into the world, expecting it to disappear after 5 minutes. These stone and insertion pipes and chests are all (extra) chunk loaded.
(the other tesseract is private, send only)

The first time ran it, it filled about 1/3 of a double wooden chest. Then it just stopped...
Now when I pick up/mine the quarry, place my markers and place it again, it justs digs straight down to lava (maybe further, but I can't see that) and stops again...

Anyone knows what this could be? Thanks!

Regards,
Tri.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
The lava is stopping it, u should put some sort of placeable liquid in there

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks. In my previous Tekkit Lite server the quarry just dug around the lava source blocks. So I figured it would do so here as well. Oh well...

Thanks again. :)

Tdb360

Jul 29, 2019
His Quarry is in the nether, and correct me if I'm wrong but you can't place water in the nether so alternative liquids are needed

I've BEEN NINJAED :O

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Nice attempt of being a smart ass but read before you do please lol
You're right in not reading the Nether part. I'm pretty sure you can't place spring water in the Nether though. Also isn't oil flammable now? Would that be wise to place willy nilly there?

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
You're right in not reading the Nether part. I'm pretty sure you can't place spring water in the Nether though. Also isn't oil flammable now? Would that be wise to place willy nilly there?

I haven't tried myself, but I have read that oil will burn when it hits lava.

Triblades, have you had any other issues with your quarry in the nether? Mine has been acting retarded... I set it up high up, it cleared its area, but when it started quarrying, it randomly skips blocks and groups of blocks, and acts as if the blocks it skips aren't even there, yet they're still there and solid...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
What about liquid poison?

I haven't tried myself, but I have read that oil will burn when it hits lava.

Triblades, have you had any other issues with your quarry in the nether? Mine has been acting retarded... I set it up high up, it cleared its area, but when it started quarrying, it randomly skips blocks and groups of blocks, and acts as if the blocks it skips aren't even there, yet they're still there and solid...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

This has happend to me too. Oddly enough those pylons don't appear to have valuables in them.

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
Good tips overall.

I thought oil was flamable now as well. Liquid glowstone isn't a option as well haha as it goes up :p

Maybe liquid redstone or ender? I will try milk, that sounds cool :cool:

Nothing further then it just not working. Allthough, it does dig straight down to lava (I tried placing some cobble in the way and replaced the quarry) and then stops as described per my first post.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya,

I am using Direwolf20 1.5 - 1.1.3 (so V2) for my world.

In the nether I have placed my quarry in a 32x32 field with a energy tesseract next to it. (private, receive only) The output is connected through buildcraft pipes to a lot of chests. I filter out Netherrack with a diamond pipe and throw it out into the world, expecting it to disappear after 5 minutes.

Please don't ever do that on a server. The admin will hate your guts ;)

This is what they made voidpipes for. A quarry creates a LOT of item and all these items laying on the floor take up memory and cost CPU. Big item spills can bring any server to it's knees.

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, you guys got a good point. Didn't really think of the void pipe... But the good thing is, it's my own little server at home so I just burn my own electric bill ^^;

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You can place water in the Nether. Make it out of UU-Matter, two pieces, one in the middle of the grid and one below it. When you place it it needs a block update to start flowing.

Liquid Redstone will mess up the quarry, it will keep trying to dig the liquid blocks.

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, you guys got a good point. Didn't really think of the void pipe... But the good thing is, it's my own little server at home so I just burn my own electric bill ^^;

Until you go to return to your quarry and when you start to get close, you lag to the point where you move one block every 10 minutes due to the 30,000 drops that the quarry spit out. ;) Some time back, on a Tekkit server I used to play on when I was just learning, I had a BC pipe that traversed several chunks to get to my base from my Quarry... Well, when the chunks in between unloaded, all of the quarry's drops popped out at the chunk border. About 15k drops brought everything to its knees when you got near that chunk. Ended up having to add Worldedit and remove all of the drops to recover the server.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Back in Ultimate, the quarry was mining around oil spills (leaving the blocks underneath them). Will liquids other than water turn lava into obsidian? If so, will they flow or evaporate in the Nether? I've also seen the un-quarried pillars in the nether, & figured it was some kind of bug with the new ground blocks. The quarry will also leave ore-berry bushes & glass panes floating in mid-air (Unleashed). I once used a quarry to take down & move the contents of a base. Mystcraft books were left behind & more than one thing exploded (the barrel of gunpowder definitely, but I never did figure out what else). Quarries really will explode for no good reason in the Twilight Forest, although I remember DocM using them when he built his charm of keeping factory.