Pulling items from chests and other questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nick2013

Jul 29, 2019
So how do you lot pull items from chests with redpower? The methods I already am aware of involve using a filter + timer, retriever + timer and a filter + slow timer + item detector hooked into the filter. Are there any other ways to pull the items? I quite like BC wooden pipes + gates + engines since they can be made to activate only when an inventory has items. Is there a way to do similar in redpower?

Also I have a question or two regarding world anchors. I think a world anchor keeps 3x3x128 chunks loaded, is that correct? Since BC quarries now keep there chunks loaded if you use ender chests to transport the resources it's necessary to have a world anchor on the receiving end, right?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
You can also use sorting machines. They act like a filter and a timer all in one block, but down side is, they need power.
Transposers and a timer are an option to, to pull individual items instead of stacks. Basically all RP systems require a redstone signal, which can be from a timer, a lever, button, minecart going over a detector track, etc.

As to quarries, yes, you'd only need an anchor at the destination.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
World Anchors keep a 3x3 area of chunks loaded, the 128 (assuming you meant height) is irrelevant because all Y levels within that 3x3 radius will be loaded.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
So how do you lot pull items from chests with redpower? The methods I already am aware of involve using a filter + timer, retriever + timer and a filter + slow timer + item detector hooked into the filter. Are there any other ways to pull the items? I quite like BC wooden pipes + gates + engines since they can be made to activate only when an inventory has items. Is there a way to do similar in redpower?

You can use a BC gate on a single piece of pipe to turn off a timer used as the pulse for a filter to pull out items.

Set the gate for "if inventory empty emit redstone" which is used to pause the timer.

Alternatively, if you're very sure things won't come too fast, you can use the gate itself to trigger the filter and won't need a timer. Problem is the filter requires a pulse, and if the one pulse doesn't empty the inventory, the gate will stay on and everything will pause.