Programs for turtles

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

darksingularity

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, has anyone found the actual programs within the turtles? like excavate, tunnel, etc. I've been looking on the internet and I cannot find them. I really want to either edit them or copy them, as recreating it would be a small nuisance. Also, if there's a way to access it directly from the turtle, that would be great too. thanks

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
They are in <FTB folder>/<modpack name>/minecraft/mods/computercraft.zip/lua/rom/programs/turtle.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
They are in <FTB folder>/<modpack name>/minecraft/mods/computercraft.zip/lua/rom/programs/turtle.
wuuuuh, can I edit text files in that directory to make new programs for my turtles (single or multiplayer?) ?!

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
If you edit the files, they will change in your turtles in SSP. SMP uses files from the server.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Also, if there's a way to access it directly from the turtle, that would be great too. thanks

Type this:

Code:
cp /rom/programs/turtle/excavate /excavate

That should copy the rom (Read Only Memory [data]) program excavate to the root directory as excavate.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
If you edit the files, they will change in your turtles in SSP. SMP uses files from the server.
bummer

but I found this suggestion on another forum...
"pastebin get fn5Y14aV [give it a name]"

So if i create a pastebin with the desired LUA code, I can just access it via my turtle with that command? Where fn5Y14aV is the part of the Pastebin address that follows "pastebin.com/"?

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
So if i create a pastebin with the desired LUA code, I can just access it via my turtle with that command?
Yes, actually I was about to suggest that very thing to you. Unfortunately I'm away from my notes and my thinkybits don't do long-term storage very well, so I can't tell you if that's actually the correct command.

Reactions: AlanEsh

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, actually I was about to suggest that very thing to you. Unfortunately I'm away from my notes and my thinkybits don't do long-term storage very well, so I can't tell you if that's actually the correct command.

It is.

You need to enable the HTTP functionality of computercraft (which is disabled by default for some silly reason), but it is a MUCH more efficient way to move programs.

You can also use "pastebin put <FILENAME>" to move a script from a turtle to pastebin, which makes copying scripts between turtles much much easier.

DWLooney

Jul 29, 2019
HTTP is enabled by default on DW20 pack.
Also, you can use "pastebin get <pastebin code> <name> to get a program off the interwebs.
My personal favorite for quarries is this. It's faster than a bc quarry at max efficiency by only mining ores, not stone if it has to.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
It's also possible to upload from a turtle (or a computer) directly to pastebin, with the
Code:
pastebin put <program name>
command. It'll show the pastebin code for the uploaded program.