Programming

A

arsss23

If i want to learn anything about programming ,and know nothing about programming where should i start?

D

Deleted member 188

Well what exactly are you looking to program would be your first step. Your question is extremely broad. Java programming is usually a starting point, or C++.

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
well i started with lua back when CC updated to 1.3 and i realized how awesome turtles were, and there are tons of youtube tutorials for that languege thanks to CC's rising popularity. but as for java this is the best tutorial ive found so far.
http://www.java-made-easy.com/java-tutorials.html
it has beginner intermediate and advanced up until about halfway through intermediate its just basic stuff that is common in most programming langueges (conditionals, loops, variables, etc.) but after that it really gets into the specifics of java. its helped me alot.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
I'd recommend starting with either C++ or Java. Lua is more of a scripting language than a programming language, so it works a bit differently. Java is what Minecraft mods are coded in, so it makes sense to start with that, if modding is what you're aiming for. Feel free to ask in the direwolf20 IRC, too. Usually someone can help. But don't ask in the forge IRC channel. Lex will tear you apart :p

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend starting with either Lua or Java (or both). When i was young i played a game called Roblox, where you could make games and even use Lua programming. I learnt some of the few basics for Lua, but if you really want to get started you should try to find a Java/Lua class near you. Now each week i go to a Java programming class (the best in the class) and i learn a lot more of it, than i otherwise would, i would recommend doing the same if you can find a class near you.

Tybot

Jul 29, 2019
Mattabase once dropped that he got his start learning Java watching a Youtube series from theNewBoston. I don't know enough to compare it to anything else but there is a lot of content there and at the low low cost of free, can't beat the price.

A

arsss23

I'd recommend starting with either C++ or Java. Lua is more of a scripting language than a programming language, so it works a bit differently. Java is what Minecraft mods are coded in, so it makes sense to start with that, if modding is what you're aiming for. Feel free to ask in the direwolf20 IRC, too. Usually someone can help. But don't ask in the forge IRC channel. Lex will tear you apart :p
How do i get on the direwolf20 irc?

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
If you can take a shot at C#. Its a nice language that will get you into programming and its concepts are easily ported to Java, C++ and various others.