Problems with Underground Biomes

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently playing in the Resonant Rise modpack, and have run into a huge problem with Underground biomes

It seems to block a fair amount of world gen, the part in particular I have a problem with is it seems to have prevented Magic Bees and Binnie's Core from placing their hives underground.

I have found that the deep dark has rocky Hives, but that still leaves the issue of obtaining Deep hives (The redstone ones)...
Does anybody know how I could get around the underground biomes preventing this, or perhaps a different dimension which could have those?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
You sure? I've gotten End Hives in Underground Biomes areas.
We've been playing on this world for over a month now, and I'm yet to see one hive below the surface in the overworld

EDIT: I'm also currently running around in a creative test world with a digital miner set to dig up rock and deep hives, and it's pulling blanks (Digital miner can pull up hives, so it's not that)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Update:
Swamplands seem to have an abundance of rock hives.. which is good

But still no sign of deep hives anywhere I've tested

Greylocke

Jul 29, 2019
In our quarry age, we haven't dug around too much yet but we have 6 or 8 rocky bees. I have not seen any other species.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
So, Rock Hives seem to not be biome dependent, but just occasionally there will be a big pocket of them.

However.. After flying around in creative for an hourwith a digital miner specifically to find deep hives... Nothing.

I don't like the look of my chances on my survival server that I play on.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't it only swap vanilla stone for the kinds of rock it adds? That's weird.
Have you tried looking at the map in MCEdit or whatever it was called? Just select all chunks, ask it to analyze everything, then look for the ID of those hives among the huge list of IDs it will give you.

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
So, Rock Hives seem to not be biome dependent, but just occasionally there will be a big pocket of them.

However.. After flying around in creative for an hourwith a digital miner specifically to find deep hives... Nothing.

I don't like the look of my chances on my survival server that I play on.
You can scan deep hives which normally at Y8 ~ Y16 with a digital miner from Y64 above flying? Wow, that's really OP

I have to try it sometime later.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
You can scan deep hives which normally at Y8 ~ Y16 with a digital miner from Y64 above flying? Wow, that's really OP

I have to try it sometime later.

If you set up a digital miner from mek with it configured to pull hives up from the ground, sorta.

It wasn't while flying, it was fly a bit, stick down a miner, make it run, see if it pulls up any hives.
Rinse, and repeat.

To set it to mine hives like that though, you need the hives as a physical block. Which in survival.. is a pain. (It is possible, but a pain)[DOUBLEPOST=1391144607][/DOUBLEPOST]
Doesn't it only swap vanilla stone for the kinds of rock it adds? That's weird.
Have you tried looking at the map in MCEdit or whatever it was called? Just select all chunks, ask it to analyze everything, then look for the ID of those hives among the huge list of IDs it will give you.

I haven't tried using MC edit yet. But could give that a shot

Reactions: Odovbold

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I remember this being an issue in 1.5. Quite a few people on the old RR TS1 were finding this issue. I'd suggest disabling UB but you're on a server.... :(

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I remember this being an issue in 1.5. Quite a few people on the old RR TS1 were finding this issue. I'd suggest disabling UB but you're on a server.... :(

I don't think that's an option, I would be able to ask, but removing it now would leave massive caverns... Everywhere...