Problems with Ars Magica 2 and Thaumcraft 4

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all, I have been having trouble with ars magica 2 and thaumcraft 4.

My battlemage's armour's infused experience and level stays the same in ars magica 2 despite having worn them from level 13-31 (Ars magica level) and about 100 levels of minecraft exp. I have tried putting them in the inbuement table in case they were hidden but they still remained at 0. Is this a bug or a config problem? I would like a way to fix this as I am very interested in armour enchantments for ars magica 2. Edit: Moo Moo Farm portal is not working either

Thaumcraft is solved, Thanks a lot RJS!

I am using the TolkienCraft 2 modpack and playing on a private server (I am the server owner) This is my first post on this forums I do not know if this is the correct section. I hope someone will be able to help me resolve these issues. Thanks.

Last edited:

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all, I have been having trouble with ars magica 2 and thaumcraft 4.

My battlemage's armour's infused experience and level stays the same in ars magica 2 despite having worn them from level 13-31 (Ars magica level) and about 100 levels of minecraft exp. I have tried putting them in the inbuement table in case they were hidden but they still remained at 0. Is this a bug or a config problem? I would like a way to fix this as I am very interested in armour enchantments for ars magica 2.

I have problems with the Thaumonomicon as well, the "Research Expertise" in it will not unlock, I have tried putting scribing tools and paper in my inventory, moved them to my hotbar, tried using ink sacs instead, tried putting paper in the research table, I have 14 Ordo so it should not be a problem either.

I am using the TolkienCraft 2 modpack and playing on a private server (I am the server owner) This is my first post on this forums I do not know if this is the correct section. I hope someone will be able to help me resolve these issues. Thanks.
Not sure on the AM2 stuff, but I may be able to check a few things on the Thaumcraft side.

1. Your Ordo is in the form of research points, not Vis, right?
2. What is your research set to in the configs? It sounds like you think you're doing 'easy' mode research, but double check that as well.
3. Are your scribing tools full or empty (What does the durability bar show)?

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure on the AM2 stuff, but I may be able to check a few things on the Thaumcraft side.

1. Your Ordo is in the form of research points, not Vis, right?
2. What is your research set to in the configs? It sounds like you think you're doing 'easy' mode research, but double check that as well.
3. Are your scribing tools full or empty (What does the durability bar show)?

Thank you so much for your help!

It shows "14" inside the Thaumonomicon and in the research table
Research is set to "1" in the configs (Hard)
The scribing tools are newly crafted, I have tried having 2 of it in my inventory using glass bottles and glass phials as the ingredient when crafting
Just tried combining ink sacs with the scribing tools and tried again, still does not work. There is no durability bar, I am assuming it is at full durability as it is newly crafted.

EDIT: I have checked the server config files, they were set to easy, I have changed it to hard and it works now! Thanks so much

(I still have problems with ars magica though..)

Last edited:

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
ye it seems like the mod owner will do one last patch and then abandon modding