Powering a Quarry in Infamy

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing the Infamy mod pack with the goal of creating fully automated nuclear missile factory in mind. Recently I built my first quarry for this mod pack, and I was wondering what the best way would be to power it.

As far as I know there is no way of converting UE power into MJs, which would be the ideal situation, and I would like to not fuel combustion engines because I would like to use the oil to make missiles and I haven't found very much of it yet.

So right now I'm leaning towards a giant lava facility in the nether powering magmatic engines to fuel energy cubes. Maybe I could find a to make an automated tree farm for charcoal in this modpack. I'm not sure.

Also, I'm not very familiar with railcraft, so I was wonder how good steam power is.

Anyway if anyone wants to leave suggestions to what I should do, it would be much appreciated.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Just be careful with Univrsal cables. They can be buggy depending on what version your useing.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
What are about the conversion rates for UE to MJ, and about how many advanced solar panels could I power a quarry with at a decent speed?

jacky2734

Jul 29, 2019
Since Infamy has Thermal Expansion, I would use four T.E. Steam Engines supplied with water from two Aqueous Accumulators as your first power source.

Hook the engines up to the bottom and the three free sides of your quarry, use some waterproof pipes to hook them up to the Aqueous Accumulators, and put a stack of coal into each of the engines.

This setup will provide your quarry with 8 MJ/T and, while not at maximum speed, will still allow for a decent rate of excavation. It also has a less obvious advantage in that the quarry automatically fill up the steam engines with coal when it hits a vein of it, so you won't have to constantly worry about keeping them supplied with coal as long as you gave them enough to get down to the coal.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Check and see if you have power converters. Those do the same thing as Mechanism, at slightly larger size.

And Railcraft's Steam Boilers are awesome, but you'll want a tree farm of fairly large size to power them, whether using Forestry Bio-Fuel, or charcoal. (I tend to use more charcoal now, and wait for Bio-fuel for when I need a large influx of power, like running quarries.