Power usage with Ender Quarry confusion (pls help)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

gloqz

Jul 29, 2019
So im using hardened fluixducts (thermal dynamics mod) to send power from magmatic dynamos to power my ender quarry. As you can see in the pictures they are generating more than what is the ender quarry is using. Even if i take off the speed II upgrade it doesnt change. Only 1-2k energy inside the quarry at a time when there is 100k + in the pipes. please help :p

EDIT: im stupid and realized when taking off the upgrade it does start sending buffer energy into it... but the speed II is only x1.5 so it shouldnt do that much should it?? Does the quarry only accept so much at a time?

Attachments

• 2015-05-10_14.21.00.png
    2015-05-10_14.21.00.png
    379.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 2015-05-10_14.21.04.png
    2015-05-10_14.21.04.png
    387 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So im using hardened fluixducts (thermal dynamics mod) to send power from magmatic dynamos to power my ender quarry. As you can see in the pictures they are generating more than what is the ender quarry is using. Even if i take off the speed II upgrade it doesnt change. Only 1-2k energy inside the quarry at a time when there is 100k + in the pipes. please help :p

EDIT: im stupid and realized when taking off the upgrade it does start sending buffer energy into it... but the speed II is only x1.5 so it shouldnt do that much should it?? Does the quarry only accept so much at a time?
The tooltip only shows the internal buffer of the duct which is related to how they work internally. It does not show how much throughput each duct connection can actually handle. Same with the Quarry. These values have nothing to do with the speed of things and you should not treat them as a "battery that should be emptied out".

However if the Thermal Dynamics follows the logic of previous versions then the Hardened version is actually limited to transmitting 400RF/t per connection. If you want to transfer more you probably want to go up a step in duct quality or have multiple connections per transmitter/receiver.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
How the ender quarry power works is that every block is assigned a hardness value. This value determines the energy cost to mine. The upgrades increase this cost. I would assume the formula would look like this:

(Hardness) x (Power usage multiplier) = (Power used)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
How the ender quarry power works is that every block is assigned a hardness value. This value determines the energy cost to mine. The upgrades increase this cost. I would assume the formula would look like this:

(Hardness) x (Power usage multiplier) = (Power used)

Your formula is for the power used to break one block, the RF/tick requirement is worked out like this:

(Hardness) x (Power usage multiplier) x (Blocks broken per tick) = (Power used per tick)

The speed upgrade increase the multiplier and obviously the blocks per tick broken, ends up using a LOT more power than the 1.5x it seems to indicate.

Also a Hardened duct can do 800RF/t, this is just enough to run a standard ender quarry at full speed but no where near enough once you start upgrading