Power Suits - Radiation shielding?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
Guys i went to install the radiation shielding on my power suit and i cant find the option on the table for any piece. Im using monster 1.0.9 and i checked the server configs and all the modules are enabled.
I am doing anything wrong?

2014-02-02_19.01.47.png

Thxs in advance.

Reactions: Splarrg

Splarrg

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, damn. Then what's the best way to overcome the radiation poisoning? im on the same server and i picked up some uranium ore from the thermal centrifuge and got radiated to death. I thought this radiation shield would be the answer but its not part of Monster

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Wear the hazmat gear from IC2.
which SUCKS. it looses durability quite fast and at the same time doesn't absorb all damage. but what else would you expect from a chest and pants made out of rubber?

they should add a lead version of hazmat suite that actually protects from radiation and doesn't die too quickly.

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
which SUCKS. it looses durability quite fast and at the same time doesn't absorb all damage. but what else would you expect from a chest and pants made out of rubber?

they should add a lead version of hazmat suite that actually protects from radiation and doesn't die too quickly.

huh? You can hold any radioactive ic2 stuff with hazmat on and the suit doesn't take any damage, and you don't get radiation.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
huh? You can hold any radioactive ic2 stuff with hazmat on and the suit doesn't take any damage, and you don't get radiation.
just logged into DW20's 1.0.18 SP world, spawned myself 2 pieces of hazzmat suit, put em on. spawned a single uranium cell and died in about 20 second from radiation and hazzmat suit was almost gone. still hold my previous opinion on it.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
it kinda makes sense, but i still don't get why all hazmat stuff dies when set isn't complete.
The irradiated status effect is akin to the corrosive effect. it harms items as well as the player. the hazmat suit has a really low amount of durability. It is effective at protection against a wide variety of environmental effects, including drowning if you have air canisters in your inventory.
it is not a piece of armor, but it is a cheap way to get places that would otherwise need endgame gear and enchants to survive.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
The irradiated status effect is akin to the corrosive effect. it harms items as well as the player.
it's not what i'm talking about. i don't get the idea of hazzmat pieces not taking damage from radiation only when you wear a whole set.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
it's not what i'm talking about. i don't get the idea of hazzmat pieces not taking damage from radiation only when you wear a whole set.
that's just a function of being hit with an armor damaging status effect. item damage is directly linked to player damage. that is a vanilla mechanic.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
that's just a function of being hit with an armor damaging status effect. item damage is directly linked to player damage. that is a vanilla mechanic.

it seems they didn't pull off(or bother) to introduce another type of damage to make things more believable. oh well.