Request power converters

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wolfman696

Jul 29, 2019
power converters to be added to
FTB Infinity 1.7 mod back would be nice to have it in it and it work for client and server no edits has to be done.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
power converters to be added to
FTB Infinity 1.7 mod back would be nice to have it in it and it work for client and server no edits has to be done.

Several people have made mod addition requests for Infinity, only to be told the same thing each time: you can add it yourself, but the pack is not up for community vote. If no edits are needed, it should be simple for you to add into your world. If you find it isn't as easy as you thought it would be, welcome to the life of a modpack designer.

Besides, if you get even a little creative, you can already convert power from system to system and back wherever needed.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you just use BR to generate your bulk of power, run them into MFR's Lava Generator to make lava, then run them through IC2's Geothermal Generator for EU?

Or if railcraft is in, it have the steam turbine that consumes steam to generate EU too, right?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you just use BR to generate your bulk of power, run them into MFR's Lava Generator to make lava, then run them through IC2's Geothermal Generator for EU?

Or if railcraft is in, it have the steam turbine that consumes steam to generate EU too, right?

Yeah, both lava and steam are universal fuels now. If you use them, you can generate whatever kind of power you want.

I'm not really sure why anyone would need power converters unless you are constrained by either space or imagination.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, both lava and steam are universal fuels now. If you use them, you can generate whatever kind of power you want.

I'm not really sure why anyone would need power converters unless you are constrained by either space or imagination.

If I'm doing it, I'll probably have a tree farm producing charcoal to feed into RailCraft's 36 HP Steam Boilers (3 of them) that feeds steam into a BR's Turbine.

Each turbine that is powered by three 36 HP Steam Boilers should be producing about over 10 kRF compared to the measly 1440 RF/t per Boiler.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm doing it, I'll probably have a tree farm producing charcoal to feed into RailCraft's 36 HP Steam Boilers (3 of them) that feeds steam into a BR's Turbine.

Each turbine that is powered by three 36 HP Steam Boilers should be producing about over 10 kRF compared to the measly 1440 RF/t per Boiler.

I'm done with RC Boilers. They eat too much fuel and cost way too much iron/steel for the amount of steam you get. The MFR Steam Boilers produce 400mb/t steam (meaning five can run a max sized turbines. They still have a heat-up period, but you don't get punished while its heating up.

I have fifteen MFR Boilers running off lava buckets produced by a Lava Fabricator/Fluid Transposer setup. This feeds my three turbines in a closed circuit system with no additional input.

I have another MFR Boiler feeding a RC Turbine for basic EU needs. I've considered using a Lava Fabricator feeding a batch of Geothermals, but seeing as my EU needs are minimal and inconsistent, I've not bothered.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'm starting a campaign to have furlongs and chains added as distance measurements to every roadsign in the country.

Obsolescence and redundancy are HIP!

How about chunks measured in terms of leagues? :D

[Edit]...and blocks are in cubits? An oldie from the early days of D&D: Furlongs per Fortnight

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Arent the cables from mfr eu to rf and vice versa

MFR Rednet Energy Cables will convert RF to EU, but I've not had good luck with them personally. It may be my ignorance/incompetence, but I've found it easier (and more mentally stimulating) to just build an IC2 power grid for the limited users I have.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I don't think IC3 has a place in Infinity, it just sticks out like a sore thumb, and doesn't really fit with every other mod using RF (not to mention FTB did say, all packs that weren't stated to be otherwise, would be RF only in 1.7 - this was a while ago)... not to mention the mod is just aggravating, and messes with other mods (no, I don't want that stupid dust when I pulverize nether diamonds!)

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I don't think IC3 has a place in Infinity, it just sticks out like a sore thumb, and doesn't really fit with every other mod using RF (not to mention FTB did say, all packs that weren't stated to be otherwise, would be RF only in 1.7 - this was a while ago)... not to mention the mod is just aggravating, and messes with other mods (no, I don't want that stupid dust when I pulverize nether diamonds!)
I don't know about no place... But I do agree with pretty much every statement you made. :p

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I don't know about no place... But I do agree with pretty much every statement you made. :p
And here I am automating stuff in such a way that the process needs both rf and eu. Using buildcraft pipes to transport the items to the next machines and supplying said machine with the needed liquids if needed and why? because fun.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
And here I am automating stuff in such a way that the process needs both rf and eu. Using buildcraft pipes to transport the items to the next machines and supplying said machine with the needed liquids if needed and why? because fun.
Sorry, sorry; I should have said that I PERSONALLY agree with those things. I'm doing my best to abstain from discussion of that because it's the new TiCon v. Gregtech (although it's about a different subject). I had a lapse. :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Fun is fine. But mods which cause other mods to "break" (for example, using a THERMAL EXPANSION machine, to pulverize nether diamond ore, should not give me the Macerator's output)... Also, IC3 is pretty naff, too many steps for simple things, and not enough options for power generation.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Fun is fine. But mods which cause other mods to "break" (for example, using a THERMAL EXPANSION machine, to pulverize nether diamond ore, should not give me the Macerator's output)... Also, IC3 is pretty naff, too many steps for simple things, and not enough options for power generation.

Haven't tried it myself but I know that nether ores used to have a config option to register recipes for the macerator, is the pulverizer still broken when that is disabled?

as for the many steps: you can automate it if you want. and the power options is something I have no knowledge off, it is some time ago since I used any of its options. they increased since ic2 that is something I know for sure.