Portal to the deep dark

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wrightrj

Jul 21, 2013
Meanwhile on a FTB Server I play, Ive been trying to get to the Deep Dark dimenssion? Sorry for spelling errors. I just get a unlimited Downloading Terrain screen, I also have no experince of what the place looks like. So feel free to posts some pics of it or what it is, also any idea why its just Downloading Terrain? Thanks! :D

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
MRW I go to the Deep Dark:
nope-badger.gif

And I'm not sure why it's not loading for you, perhaps talk to the server admins?

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
It is all cobblestone, roof and floor, there are odd pillars of cobble here and there, it's dark, the mobs are stronger than normal, the darkness itself will eat you, the terrain is incredibly monotonous, overall it's boring, dangerous and the only reason to go there is to maybe mine a bit (due to increased ore spawns in that dimension).
If you want to see what it looks like search youtube for Direwolf20 one of his vids has him running a quarry there.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
It is all cobblestone, roof and floor, there are odd pillars of cobble here and there, it's dark, the mobs are stronger than normal, the darkness itself will eat you, the terrain is incredibly monotonous, overall it's boring, dangerous and the only reason to go there is to maybe mine a bit (due to increased ore spawns in that dimension).
If you want to see what it looks like search youtube for Direwolf20 one of his vids has him running a quarry there.

I thought there were also big castles which have dungeon loot chests everywhere?

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I thought there were also big castles which have dungeon loot chests everywhere?
Yeah there are but they are fairly uninteresting as well they are very convoluted and once you've cleared 2 or 3 you really don't need anymore dungeon loot, there are also some bedrock structures that have chests with good loot (emeralds\diamonds\gold being the main ones) overall it's a not very pretty, dangerous, monotonous dimension, that is great for mining however. Unlike the Promised Land which is a very pretty visit once dimension basically you hit it, grab a bunch of Amethyst\Celestial crystal and get out (it also lags horribly for me), Pretty much the Deep Dark is very like the vanilla nether in that you go there to mine resources that you use a lot of, the Promised land is kinda like the vanilla end you go once and never go back. Of the added dimensions I have access to currently the only one I have spent any considerable time in is the Twilight Forest the boss battles are fun (and I'm still looking for a bloody smoking swamp).