Portable Tank Lava Into Piping?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
So We have 3 Portable Tanks filled with lava and we want to put the lava into our giant Iron Tank we have, but it's not letting us pump/put lava into the Iron Tank from the Portable Tanks. Help? Is this even possible?

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I guess my question was how to fill it... my friend is having trouble filling them. Is it just with buckets or what?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I guess my question was how to fill it... my friend is having trouble filling them. Is it just with buckets or what?

Put em down like a normal buildcraft tank, and then fill them just like they were buildcraft tanks

Except they keep their liquids if you use a cresent hammer (shift-rightclick) to pick them up. If you use a pickaxe, they lose the liquid.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
We've tried that and it doesn't work. The pipes don't connect using buildcraft pipes/thermal piping or whatever those pipes are.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Top or bottom of the portalable tanks work as input/output.

Wrench the liquiduct to set it to output mode (shows a little arrow), then apply redstone power to transfer liquid.

83ufrzI.jpg

pv4qQKb.png

Don't have them both be outputs:
kvAdVWY.jpg

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
But we are trying to get this to go into an Iron Tank, not another Portable tank. And the Iron Tank is part of Railcraft. Will this method still work?

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
yes.
liquiducts work on bc tanks, iron tanks, portable tanks, forestry inventories, gregtech centrifuges, and anything else that uses the forge liquid registry.

the liquiduct must come out of the bottom of the portable tank and lead into the valve of the iron tank. The liquiduct must be set to output (arrow) from the portable tank and that output block must have a redstone signal. The iron tank valve on the liquiduct should be set to input (no arrow)

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
But we are trying to get this to go into an Iron Tank, not another Portable tank. And the Iron Tank is part of Railcraft. Will this method still work?
Yes just make sure your iron tanks have one or more iron tank valves on them. Valves can go anywhere except the edges. Valves in the bottom 2 layers can do input/output. Any valves higher than that can only do input.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
I just went into creative and did it myself. My friend is a dumba** and he plays the game a lot better than me... thanks guys, for your patience.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
It does not matter what your pumping it into, just connect the pipes to the top or bottom of the portable tank as the sides will not work.

dc0110

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving the liquiducts and portable tanks etc, but I seem to be losing tanks every now and again.
Trouble is I can't figure out it I'm just forgetting where I put them, or they're disappearing :confused:

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
You're probably just misplacing them... with the resistance to explosions and what materials it takes to make them in the first place, lol.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
For the record, they stack quite nicely, too, and act like BC glass tanks when doing so. Main difference is they hold 8 buckets to BC tank's 16.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even think I'd use them like BC tanks except if I'm setting up certain engines in different places that need lava/oil/fuel. In which case, yeah that's pretty handy, but why not just carry around the regular BC tanks too? Though I guess because they actually hold the liquid when you pick them up... haha.

And I've only 'lost' 3 and I'm pretty sure my friend whose offline has them on my server. :[ Was going to set up our lava pumping station and fill them, with my newfound knowlege of Aquaducts but now I have to wait until tomorrow. :[

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the specific use I had was to have a simple input into machines. When you stack them you don't need to whack them to make the tank work.

Wait, that reminds me, Peppe's examples aren't entirely accurate. If you're inputting with a liquiduct you don't have to whack the liquiduct, whack the tank. See how the bottom is blue? That indicates it is an input. If you whack the tank, the bottom turns orange and it outputs. No need for a redstone signal.

So, getting back to what I use them fore. I used to drop them on top of my machines, then whack the tank to empty into the machine. However once I got mats for several of them what I did was have one attached to the machine at all times. When it was empty I would take the full one, place it on top of the empty one. The full one would recognize it is on another tank and automatically turn orange, filling the empty one. No need for the wrench to whack it to change modes.

Yes, I'm that lazy.

Hm, video idea. I'll put together some examples and post it here in a few hours.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
That was really helpful! Now I don't have to worry about levers and all that too... yippee! Fav'd for future reference :D And that part about being lazy isn't lazy, it's GENIUS. :D