Please Wait While modpacks load

ASadTeddyBear

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, Im also experiencing this issue.
Two days ago, I had no problems with opening any FTB Modpacks, however, now I also receive error `Please wait while modpacks are being loaded.`

Now, I have read the previous comments on this thread of how to solve the problem, here's what I've tried:

Re installing FTB (Deleting the %appdata% first)
Re installing JAVA and then restarting my PC
Restarting my internet router
I have also tried the troubleshooting guide.

However, I have tried using the CMD to `ping new.creeperrepo.net` but sometimes I revive the error `general failure` or other errors.
I have also tried setting the DNS to one other address but only one.

I am 100% certain it is a problem with the internet connection as my brother experienced the exact same issue at the exact same time and is still experiencing it.

A quick reply would be gratefully received

http://pastebin.com/QtQbeVnG

Last edited:

ASadTeddyBear

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any staff available to help with this issue

It's really frustrating being unable to play

Last edited:

ASadTeddyBear

Jul 29, 2019
I already had that installed. I reinstalled the 32 bit.
I am most certain this is not an issue with my computer, as both me and my brother are experiencing the same problem.

Would it be an issue with the DNS

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Check that something is not blocking java or your ftb launcher. Also if you use 32bit java you will limit your ability to play all but one of the 1.6 packs, FTB Lite 2, because they require 2gb minimum to run and 32 bit java can only allocate up to 1.5gb.

ASadTeddyBear

Jul 29, 2019
I have just installed 64 bit JAVA and uninstalled 32 bit. This issue still persists.
I have Norton 360 antivirus which possibly could be the problem, however, I did temporarily disable the firewall and retested my PC. This did not work.

I do not think the problem lies within my PC, as my brother experienced the exact same issue at the exact same time.

I also have tried experimenting with a few of the repos mentioned on other threads, not resolving the issue. Would it be worth trying another repo?

I am still fairly sure the issue is to do with my internet connection.

I could really do with this problem being resolved. This is the third day being unable to play.

Last edited:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Some av programs even disabling them is not enough. I am not recommending this but you may have to uninstall norton to get it to work. If you have just paid for the software then keep it but if it is due to run out I would recommend using something else.

ASadTeddyBear

Jul 29, 2019
I have just under 200 days left, however, I dont understand why only now the antivirus would cause this. I have had no problems for over year now.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
If you want my opinion then norton is an awful program. I used to use it about 9 years ago but was causing all sorts of issues and after having to re-install it for the third time I decided to use something else and never looked back until that had isses. I now use avast and have not had problems with it.

ASadTeddyBear

Jul 29, 2019
But surely norton cant be the problem. It's worked fine for both me and my brother for over a year.

What else can I try?

Edited-----

I have just uninstalled Norton and rebooted to see if this fixed the problem. As i predicted it was not.

Last edited:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
A. Don't specifically ask for "staff help". We're all volunteers. We aren't required to respond to your post.
B. You say you've completed the troubleshooting guide. The following posts by you indicate that you have not, or did not heed the advice in it.
I already had that installed. I reinstalled the 32 bit.
I am most certain this is not an issue with my computer, as both me and my brother are experiencing the same problem.

Would it be an issue with the DNS
I have just installed 64 bit JAVA and uninstalled 32 bit. This issue still persists.
I have Norton 360 antivirus which possibly could be the problem, however, I did temporarily disable the firewall and retested my PC. This did not work.

I do not think the problem lies within my PC, as my brother experienced the exact same issue at the exact same time.

I also have tried experimenting with a few of the repos mentioned on other threads, not resolving the issue. Would it be worth trying another repo?

I am still fairly sure the issue is to do with my internet connection.

I could really do with this problem being resolved. This is the third day being unable to play.
C. If it's an issue with both yours and your brothers launchers (I'm assuming on 2 different computers) simultaneously, then my bet is on your ISP and something there blocking a complete connection for the launcher.

D. Reason it could be norton. If it updated, then the definitions could be blocking the connection.
But surely norton cant be the problem. It's worked fine for both me and my brother for over a year.

What else can I try?

Edited-----

I have just uninstalled Norton and rebooted to see if this fixed the problem. As i predicted it was not.
{Side note: reason not to pay for an antivirus- there is NEVER a reason to buy an antivirus for a personal computer. There's plenty of good free ones.}

E. See my signature. Where is says this: Common Problems, Solutions and TroubleShooting HERE Click the link. Read the stuff.

ASadTeddyBear

Jul 29, 2019
A. Sorry for appearing slightly rude, i understand your all voluneteers and im very grateful for the help you have given.

B. I have completed the troubleshooting guide, now with 64 bit JAVA installed.
C. I am also fairly confident it is an issue with the ISP, as two PC's would not experience the same issue at the same time, or it would be a very big coincidence.
D. What do you mean by the definitions could be blocking the connection. Anyway, I have tried uninstalling completely so it is not the antivirus software.

If the problem therefore lies within my ISP, being TalkTalk, is there anything I can do to fix the issue, i.e, would I need to contact the provider?

Going off topic, which antivirus software would you recommend?

Last edited: